cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore & recovery test

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the full offline backup of my development system now I want to perform a restore & recovery test as our golive is very nearer . Can anybody shed the light to perform it from SQL management studio with steps.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can script it like this:

RESTORE DATABASE QAS

FROM Tape0, Tape1, Tape2

WITH NORECOVERY,

FILE = 4,

MOVE 'PRDDATA1' TO 'H:\DATA1\QASDATA1.MDF',

MOVE 'PRDDATA2' TO 'H:\DATA2\QASDATA2.NDF',

MOVE 'PRDDATA3' TO 'H:\DATA3\QASDATA3.NDF',

MOVE 'PRDDATA4' TO 'H:\DATA4\QASDATA4.NDF'

RESTORE LOG TS2 FROM DISK = 'Q:\FROM_PRD\PRD_tlog_200801251240.TRN' WITH NORECOVERY;

RESTORE LOG TS2 FROM DISK = 'Q:\FROM_PRD\PRD_tlog_200801251410.TRN' WITH NORECOVERY;

RESTORE LOG TS2 FROM DISK = 'Q:\FROM_PRD\PRD_tlog_200801251425.TRN' WITH NORECOVERY;

RESTORE LOG TS2 FROM DISK = 'Q:\FROM_PRD\PRD_tlog_200801251440.TRN' WITH NORECOVERY;

RESTORE LOG TS2 FROM DISK = 'Q:\FROM_PRD\PRD_tlog_200801251455.TRN' WITH NORECOVERY;

RESTORE LOG TS2 FROM DISK = 'Q:\FROM_PRD\PRD_tlog_200801251510.TRN' WITH NORECOVERY;

RESTORE LOG TS2 FROM DISK = 'Q:\FROM_PRD\PRD_tlog_200801251525.TRN' WITH RECOVERY;

"Tape0, Tape1, Tape2" is the device that the backup is being restored from. In this case, three tape drives in parallel.

The MOVE statements tell SQL Server where the original DB files from PRD will now be located on the QAS server.

The Q:\ drive here is a location that contains the transaction logs copied over from the PRD system.

Always make sure you use the NORECOVERY option in every step before you are finished applying logs, and use the RECOVERY option with the last log you want to apply. Once you use the RECOVERY option, no more logs can be applied and a new CHECKPOINT is set in the DB, so make sure you get it right the first time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please search this forum for "system copy". You should get a lot of threads dealing with this topic.

Regards,

Sven