cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need explanation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sdn experts,

why we are not creating if sap is sender .

while sap is receiver we are creating communication chanel.

please provide necessary expanation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U for got to meniton IDOC word in your question...

Out of all the adapters in XI, IDOC, Http are sitting on the ABAP Stack anad rest on the AE of java stack which run as a service. IDOC is sitting on the ABAP stack and IS is also on the ABAP stack and it directly comunicates to the IS using the trfc ports....so we dnt need an Communication channel which does the conversion of XML and talk to IS...

The way IDOC commuicates with the XI is different, we dnt specify the adapter in XI but we do the configuration on the R/3 by creating the data modeling using BD54,.....here you tell the IDOC which is the IS it should communicate in R/3 itself so when you send an IDOC it usess the trfc communiction challens to talk to IS....so in XI we dnt specify adapter but that doesnt mean we are not dnt any configuration we are dng but on the R/3 end....

where as in case of the IDOC receiver, we are specifing the trfc port from XI to R/3 adn login credentials...in both the placess the communication happens using the trfc port which is created in R/3 for outbound and in Inbound it is created in the XI.....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopi,

Excellent question. Which I also got when I started my XI career, but on the way I forget about it and haven't got the solution for it.

I also would like to join you, I hope we can get the best answer from all the experts!

If some one asks question why IDOC, HTTP Adapter doesn't need Sender Comm.channel, the immediate response from everyone is b'coz IDOC adapter stays in Integration Engine,so we no need Sender Comm.channel. Perfect, I agree to it!

Now my question is, we are saying that IDOC Adapter Stays in Integration Engine

- If we don't need Sender Comm.channel why would we need Receiver Comm.channel?

- If we say IDOC is converted to XML format that's the reason we don't need Sender Adapter, May I know which system is converting the IDOC to XML format, is it the Sender R/3 system or the Receiving XI system?

- Let's say we need Receiver Comm.channel to convert XML to native IDOC format, that's the reason we need Receiver Comm.channel is it?

If I confused someone or the poster who posted this question, really sorry abt it!

raj.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Very Interesting...

> - Let's say we need Receiver Comm.channel to convert XML to native IDOC format, that's the reason we need Receiver Comm.channel is it?

Yes

and as Khan Mentioned

> we are specifing the trfc port from XI to R/3 adn login credentials

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doss,

Thanks for your time, really appreciate it!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Your question is bit vauge, but I got your concern about communication channel.

The IDOC, HTTP and Proxy i.e. XI adapters are based on ABAP stack while the other adapters are based on Java Stack. Thus these ABAP based adapters will not required the Sender agreements. in communication channel using as sender juts we need to define it as IDOC sender or Proxy Sender etc, but we will not be giving any extra paratmeters in it.

It is because the communication channel indicates the type of adapter and adpters are used to convert the payloads in XML format. XI fully works on XMl format payloads. In case of IDOC, HTTP or Proxy those are by default in XML format as per the requirment of Integration server, so need at sender time.

But at receiver end you will be converting it to XMl format from these adapters, so have to define communication channels with proper info.

I hope now its clear to you

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi

why we are not creating if sap is sender ?

..........can u give some detail information about what the Actuall sender system u are using

while sap is receiver we are creating communication chanel......?

can u tell which is ur sender and reciver system so that u can get the correct answer what u are looking.

Regards,

Azeez khan.