Copying Variants from one Client to Another in SAP
Has anyone found a good way to copy varaints from one client to another?
In version 4.6C (I'm not sure about earlier versions), you can create a transport request in SE38 for the variants of a program. You could then use transaction SCC1 to copy those changes from one client to another.
To create transport:
1) Go to transaction SE38 and enter the program name.
2) Click the radio button next to the "Variants" subobject and click the "Change" button
3) On "ABAP: Variants" screen, select menu path "Utilities -> Transport request"
4) Enter the variant(s) you want to copy into the "Variant name" box.
5) Click the execute button and save the data to a new change request.
To copy to new client:
1) Log on to target client and goto transaction SCC1.
2) Enter the source client and change request number from above.
3) Click the execute button.
Please note that if you're doing this in a downstream system (i.e. not a development box) you may need to change the client settings temporarily to carry out the client to client copy in SCC1.
Reward Points if found helpfull..