cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO Demand Planning Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Experts,

We are implementing APO DP (SCM 4.0 Version) in our company. soft ware is just installed.Livecache is also up. now i want to know what are all customizations/post installed configurations ( in APO and BW)are required to run demand planning.

which planning version we have to make use of?

is Active version 000 comes along with installation or

we have to create in version managemnet?.

is also required to configure from livecache side, that is through transaction LC10?

please any body reply with correct hints is help ful to me

Thansk and Regards

Ramakrishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may go to transaction SPRO. There, you can click the SAP Refrerence IMG button.

In the menu that appears, go to the tree for Advance Planning and Optimization. You can find the list of steps there. Specific Demand Planning customization/configurations can be found at Advance Planning and Optimization->Supply Chain Planning->Demand Planning.

For your question regarding planning version, my answer is that it depends on your business need. SAP provides some planning areas that have already been constucted and you may use them. 000 i believe is the active version for those planning areas. On the other hand, you may construct your own planning area, using the link from Demand Planning->Environment->Current Settings->Administration of Demand Planning menu.

To create your own planning version, go to the path: Master Data->Planning Version Management->Model and Version Management (/SAPAPO/MVM).

After this you should create your time series using the path: Demand Planning->Environment->Current Settings->Administration of Demand Planning. Simply right click your planning area and then select Create Time Series...

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for your time and good reply.

This information is very helpful for me

to configure DP Module for our business scenario.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While we are clicking on plan 000 , it is saying Live Cache is not available, even though Live Cache is active and running, it is fresh installation.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Can you give the exact message that is appearing when you click plan 000?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ths might be the problem due to the connection between the APODB and liveCache. Check out and provide the detailed description fo the error for more information.