Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_NEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

what is the use of assigning SAP_NEW after the system upgrade?

As far as my understanding SAP_NEW gives access to newly introduced authorization checks.But after the upgrade ,as a security admin we have to run su25 to update the customer table.After updating the table ,whether the newly introduced authorization object will be seen in su21? If yes ,then it comes under SAP_ALL profile rite?so whats the need to assign SAP_NEW?And what is the use of regenerate SAP_ALL button in SU21?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

When you regenerate SAP_PALL from the button in SU21, it includes the newly introduced objects into SAP_ALL. After this SAP_NEW is no longer required, if you have SAP_ALL.

Note: there are some exceptions to SAP_ALL (see F4 in table PRGN_CUST).

So you should not use SAP_NEW, except during upgrades before you have changed your roles and regenerated SAP_ALL. This (changing the authorizations of roles) is usually done in the development system. So there is no sense which I am aware of to assign SAP_NEW in production.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

When you regenerate SAP_PALL from the button in SU21, it includes the newly introduced objects into SAP_ALL. After this SAP_NEW is no longer required, if you have SAP_ALL.

Note: there are some exceptions to SAP_ALL (see F4 in table PRGN_CUST).

So you should not use SAP_NEW, except during upgrades before you have changed your roles and regenerated SAP_ALL. This (changing the authorizations of roles) is usually done in the development system. So there is no sense which I am aware of to assign SAP_NEW in production.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks,So SAP_NEW should be assigned to all the end users + developers just before the system upgrade and once the system is upgraded,regenerate the sap_all and remove sap_new from the end users,instead go to the each end user roles and merge the newly added authorization object by using expert mode??

Is SU25 can be used only once in the development(where we are maintaing the roles) and the changes done through su25 can be transported to QA and prod ??

0 Kudos

If your roles are intact and maintained in development, then you can do that and transport them.

There might also be a "read new" only feature in there somewhere, but I think not.

Good luck with the upgrade,

Julius