cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_READ_TABLE limits?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use RFC_READ_TABLE from VB and it works perfect. But for a few days we try to call many fields from a table. We want to import 38 fields from a table. But it doesen't work. We get error Data_Buffer_Exceeded (Selected fields do not fit into structure DATA). It look likes there is a limit of count of fields you can import from RFC_READ_TABLE. Is that true? Or have we missed something. If we import 36 fields or less it works. Maybe this have to do with the max character field length 512. This max char on 512 has not do do with the individual filed, it's sum of all fields...?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may split the RFC call and store it into different internal tables and join it back after executing the FM several times.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pierre...Sad but true...RFC_READ_TABLE got problems with too many fields...It's a limitation of the Function Module...You can read more of it here... [RFC_READ_TABLE - my old faithful - what has happened to you?|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1003] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC_READ_TABLE use a 512 byte long data buffer (TAB512) to output fields from a table. That means if sum of the fields length requested is more than 512 bytes the function can't handle it and returns an error message DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just to inform you, I too got system failure message. but it is rectified we need options table as follows

BJECTCLAS = 'EINKBELEG' AND

BJECTID = '7300045851'

Dont forget to add operator ( AND / OR ) except last line of options table.

Again u can fetch only required fields using fields tab. fill fields table with required field and you will get only that fields in output data tab.

I used this for CDHDR table and its working fine!

Machindra Jogdand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem but I do not understand the answer. How do we save these options ?

Thank you for your help

Flo