cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC - XI - RFC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on JDBC - XI - RFC scenario. Here I am using sender JDBC adapter and reciver RFC adapter.

In my case, XI will get data from SQL Database table through sender JDBC adapter. In a Message 100 records will come from table and we need to post data to SAP R/3.

Now issue is If starting 10 records posted successfully after that due to any error 11th record is not posted to SAP R/3. then skip 11th record and 12 to 100 Records should be posted. In XI Monitoring we can see that 11th record should show Error, and 1 to 10 and 12 to 100 should be show successfully posted.

please give some points on this.

It is urgent.

Regards,

Keval.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On what basis the error is determined from the data of the Database "error 11th record is not posted to SAP R/3", in this case you can write a module which will filter the the receords before sending to mapping.....but in any case if any message contains 1 error row of data it will fail we cannot put that data into error state and send the remaining to the r/3...but we can filter it either by module or in the mapping and send the remaing data to r/3.

Let me know what is logic of the error record which will be determined from Databse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to post 100 rows to SAP R/3. I am explaining my case as above.

I want to post 100 rows, so I will want to go for 1:N message mapping.

Due to any issue, If 11th row is fail then skip it and show an eeror in XI monitoring that it is fail.

and post remaining Row like 12th to 100th.

I search on sdn.sap.com, I got a good link ....just guide it will suitable for my requiment.

Various multi-mappings and Optimizing their Implementation in Integration Processes (BPM) in XI.

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

tell me in XI monitoring I can see which rows are posted successfully and which rows getting Error.

so that I can post error row to SAP R/3 after executing XI scenario.

Give your points.

Regards,

Keval

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Tell me in XI monitoring I can see which rows are posted successfully and which rows getting Error."

Yes you can see it but that depends on the logic which you have build in Mappings and interface, you will get all the messages in the SXMB_MONI both sucessfull and bad records but it can be differenctiate bassed on the receiver

if the receiver is mail adpater for ex then we can assume it as a bad record something like that.

you dnt want interface to break if bad recirds encountred, you want it in spereate file so you decided which path the file shoule be and then in Monitoring you can the records in that file are error ones...but this can happend only when you take care in the design.

for this you can build the two reciver one R/3 and one for mail adapter

for the file to IDOC in the root mesage map only good records like if f1==blank dnt send that to the R/3.

in the second one map for mail read the same file and send only the bad resocrds and captuire it in a file.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you try to do a test with inbound message you receive in SXI_MONITORING, maybe it gives more datils about error.

go to SXI_MONITORING>select the proper line>inbound message(in menu at the right).save the XML.

go to IR>Proper Message Mapping>TEST tab-->paste the XML o import it and run test.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keval,

The splitting of each message will create multiple entries in XI Monitoring so I don't think it will be preferable solution.

Your 1st 10 records posted successfully and the 11th record failed, it indicates that there will be mapping exception for the 11th record.

Probably you could check if all the fields of record are mapped (along with all mandatory fields.) Values are available in database table for these fields.

Thus from database you will select those records only and will change the status flag for them this way you could get the records which can't be prcessed in database table only.

In XI monitoring if the 11th record is failed then it will stop processing further and probably the databse flag will be updated for all records even if the remeaining records have not processed.

Thanks

swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 23, 2008 2:44 PM

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keval,

That would be a bad design to go with. When the JDBC adapter sends data, whatever XI picks up at one go is one message on XI. If you are talking about 100 I assume, they are 100 rows. If your RFC is sync, then you would actually send back the success or failure thing back to XI then may be you can genrate a file or insert into database these errors. This failure could be because of buiness logic but not necesaarily be becaue of mapping or any other problem.

If you want to split each record as a separate message.. that would add lot to IE of XI.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keval,

You can use a feature of split of the message on adapter engine (in this case RFC).

Please use it as a reference:

[/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible|/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible]

Best regards,

Wojciech