cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording as DATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A requirement from my client hasd put me in awkward condition.

I need to record result as DATE. Because as per the testing protocol of all hte materials mfg date and expiry date.

E.g. For the insepction plan for Incomming Raw material (Inspection lot against GR), "Manufactring date" and "expiry date" are two MIC for my operation "Sampling" of the inspection plan and I need to record the result as date.

Is there any way?? Pls provide the details.

With Best Regards,

Shyamal Joshi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur isssue can be solved without result recording also,

activate batch management, in class characteristics create two characteristics which u want to record.Then at the time receipt maintain these values in batch . And to display these value write down a querry.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The thing is, SAP provides those characteristics as standard characteristics and those fields should be filled in automatically by the various transactions and master data of the system.

Why create new characteristics when the fields are there? Why record them in an inspection lot?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am very much thank full to both of you for your such a valuable inputs.

Dear Craig,

The need to record the result as Data is required because here we had a need where the "Data" was a part of inspection specification.

e.g. It was demanded that "Mfg Date" for the delivery and consignment, is to be checked by the Quality inspector and to be filled in the report. So hence we can fetch it through the Batch itself, but to mentioned that the inspector has checked the Mfg Date, and well documented it, we had to keep a MIC in the Inspection plan.

So as a solution what we have done is........

- Created an MIC as "Mfg Date".

- Attached in Inspection plan, as Quantitative MIC. Didn't entered any Limits to it.

- In the result recording screen, the is field named as "Inspection Description", technical name "PRUEFBEMKT". Where it allow us to insert a free text up to 40 Characters.

- To make this mandatory while result recording, keep the Control indicator, "Documentation Required" active in the second page of the control indicator, for the MIC.

This way we somehow found the reciprocal solution for the same.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No way to record dates in inspection lots. The dates you mentioned are usually created and calculated by the system. Why would they have them in the inspection lot?

Are you using batch management?

It is possible to enter a numeric value like 20080224 (Feb 24, 2008) in a lot. Then in the batch record that number can be used via variant config and an object dependency to set the correct date in a general characteristic of DATE format.

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on Feb 24, 2008 5:50 AM