cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous messages for SOAP adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanna expose an interface in XI as a WebService.My requirement is to invoke a webservice which takes some input and hands it over to a DataBase and gets something from it(DB) and hands it over to the application which had called this WebService.Both the request and response have to go and come through the WebService.Is it possible to design an Outbound Intf in Synchronoues mode with both the input and output messages types and expose that Intf as a WebService.

Clarification and help on this wud b appreciated.

Thanx in Advance.

Anil Kumar Veepuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its certainly possible...

All you need to do is create 2 interfaces, both sync:one outbound and other inbound.Creare two msg mappings:

1) source request mapped to jdbc request

2) jdbc response mapped to webservice response(iesoap response).

first import the wsdl into IR and cretae an outbound sync interface for it.

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thanx for the answer.I wanna create an outbound interface(Synch) in XI and expose it as a WebService using Tools->DefineWebService wizard. ur example refers to creating the interface the other way(importing the WSDL).But if i create the webservice in the way which i was saying,does it works?

Thnx

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You can definitely make an outbound Interface as a webservice.For this create two message

types(Request & Response) and make a synchoronous Message Interface out of it.This will be

our Outbound Interface. You will Definitely have JDBC Request and response.

Map the outbound Resquest type-> JDBC Request.

JDBC Response->Outbound Response.

Go to Tools->Define Web service, mention the Outbound Interface you have created.Now you save the WSDL created out of it and make a call to this interface through the SOAP Adapter.

Cheers,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

I am also going to implement the same scenario.

refer to following weblog, it is relatad to synchronous http request to jdbc,just instead of http consider as soap adapter and follow the steps mentioned in it.

I think, this will demonstrate you what to do and where too do,

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-on-jdbc-receiver-response

Enjoy ...

Regards,

Piyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Is this resolves your problem to some extent?

Hope you have got output.

cheers

piyush