cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

kindly explain me about the usage of following fields in copy control:(t.c:vtaa)

1.configuration

2.reexplode structure/free goods

3.poitive/negative. quantity

please explain in a clear language

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Configuration: suppose if u take example creation of a returns, usually creation of returns has been done with reference document ex:sales order in sales order the item category of the line item is "tan" but after coopying to the target document "re" the item category becomes "REN" this happening becos of the congifuration had been done to the sales document type "re", usually it will be left as blank, but if u want to put the configuration as in the source document you had to choose the option "A" i.e., u want ot control the behaviour of the "RE"as "OR" u hav to choose the options except " " blank.

2..reexplode structure/free goods: consider the normal cycle from order to delivery, in sales order consider one BOM material is there usually BOM is also copied to the delivery and it is possilbe to see the child items in delivery but in back end system does not copies it from the sales order it will rexploding in the delivery document, this function is controlling by this field.

3.positive/negative quantity: Indicates whether, during copying, the quantity or value in the target document has a negative effect, positive effect, or no effect at all on the quantity still to be completed in the source document.

cex:suppose if ur creating sales order of 80 quantities with quotaion, the quotation has 100 quantity, now the quantity in qauaotation had reduced to 20 because of this field value had" +" in that otherwise ssytem allows to create "

N" number os sales orders with that quotation as reference. for neagtive consider the cycle "invoice" to "returns order" ususally in returns is created with the reference of invoice if the invoice has 100 qty and system does not allow to create retunrs for 110 quantity because the vale set in this field is "-" otherwisenit will allows to createn no.of quantity.

As per my knowledge i had given the answer if anything is worng correct me.

Reagrds,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

i am pleased with your reply.

i will get back to you,in case if i struck-up.

i request you to mail ur personnel mail-id.

regards,

divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi divya,

Thanks for ur rewards, sgr.kishore@gmail.com is my mail id.

ragards,

kishore.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Divya

1) Configuration

This field controls the copy logic for configuring an item

When you copy the configuration, the target document simply uses the configuration in the source document and nothing is actively configured for that item. The system does not run the dependencies and the bill of material is not re-exploded. Once you have copied the configuration, if it is changed in the source document, it will also change in the target document.

If a configuration is fixed in the target document, you cannot change the configuration. The document cannot be "unfixed", that is, you will never be able to change the configuration.

If you do not specify a particular control, the system acts as it did in the standard system up to Release 4.5 (the configuration is copied for returns, and debit and credit memo requests).

2) Reexplode structure/free goods

This field controls the copy logic for main items with BOM explosion. BOM explosion in the sales document is based either on fixed SD BOMS or results from a variant configuration.

You can request the system to reexplode a BOM according to a new date (determined from the required delivery date or current date) and a new quantity (when you are copying partial quantities from a reference document). Other components may also be determined in this way.

You should only use this control for item categories that represent the final product, that is, for the main item category.

Example:

Item::::::: Material:::::::Qty::::::UoM:::::::Item category

10::::::::::BOM-MAT:::::2:::::::::PC::::::::TAQ

20::::::::::COMP1:::::::: 2:::::::::PC::::::::TAE

30::::::::::COMP2:::::::::4:::::::::PC::::::::TAE

For Releases up to 3.0D if references are made to this order, you must define entries in the copy control for item categories TAQ and TAE. If you don't do this, the items will not be copied because the context for the item may get lost, or because the system works with the same BOM explosion as in the reference document. However, because the new order has a much a later date, the bill of material for that date will look different and the result of the explosion will be different.

From 3.0E you can specify that only the main item is copied and therefore that the relevant bill of material with a new date and quantity is reexploded.

The sub-items are not copied at the same time and are no longer subject to the copy control. The table entries for copying item category TAE to TAE are no longer necessary and are ignored if they still exist. The system does not consider any manual changes to the reference document because the components are no longer copied but re-determined.

3) Positive/negative Qty

Indicates whether, during copying, the quantity or value in the target document has a negative effect, positive effect, or no effect at all on the quantity still to be completed in the source document.

The system uses this indicator to determine how the quantity in the source document is affected. For example, if you

=> Create a quotation item for 100 pieces,

=> Copy the quotation into a sales order, and

=> Create a sales order item for 80 pieces,

the copying has a positive effect on the quotation. In effect, you have added 80 pieces to the quotation quantity that is now considered complete. 20 pieces in the quotation remain to be completed.

If you do not make an entry in this field, or set indicator 0, the source document is not blocked, which allows you to create several target documents at once (for example, when using EDI and frequent contract releases).

While the source document (such as quotation or quantity contract) is being processed, it is blocked. For instance, if you are working on a quantity contract, no one can create a release order for that contract).

Example

In sales documents, for example, you can expect the following results:

<> Quotation -> Sales order: positive

<> Contract -> Return: negative

<> Sales order -> Sales order: no effect

In billing documents, for example, you can expect the following results:

<> Delivery -> Invoice: positive

<> Delivery -> Cancellation: negative

<> Delivery -> Pro-forma invoice: no effect

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.configuration

did nt use it.

2.reexplode structure/free goods

ensures again the free goods item explodes in the target document.

3.poitive/negative. quantity

the affect in the target document is it a plus or minus with respect to qty. so everytime you refer a quote for example the referencing orders will keep on adding the qty.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In VTAA, place Cursor on the desired field and hit F1. You would get a ton of information. You could branch out to [help.sap.com] to get some more information

Regards

Ramana ND