Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys

I am new to Sap Security here is my question .

How do we give users access to roles that are shifted to production from the roles that are in in developments .

In other words I have to give users accesses to roles which are in production from the roles that are in develpment but have diff auth objects that are in prob but to same users

Can I do this .in CUA .If I can is there anyone who can show me the process

apologists if I have not framed my question in the right manner .

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

This role creation process is Tripplet controle. Means create roles in dev system and transport in to Quality system if testing is ok then Transport in to the Production system.

When you transport to the production we need to generate the pofiles again and we can assign to the user.

your question is development system creatd roles how can we assign in the production ?

Using STMS tcode we transport the created roles or any changed roles to production. if you know the CUA Administration you can understand the assignment process.

<removed_by_moderator>

Thanks,

Raju.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 25, 2008 3:57 PM

0 Kudos

yes. I agree with Rama.

in general scenario -> create roles in Dev. system, and move to test/quality system for testing. then move to production system, generate and assign to the end users. at the same time we can assign the same role to users at all environments individually. (i.e. Dev. , Qua. and Prod. systems.).

it means, the role will have same menu data and Authorization data. And roles data is consistent across the landscape.

if there is a differance means, some one made changes at Dev. system but its not transported.

CUA scenario -> When you make changes in central /master client once you save, automatically the SAP system will replicate the changes in all the sub systems.

Please let me know if you want more details.

0 Kudos

thank you .

I appreciate your help in this regard .

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 25, 2008 7:28 PM