Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abuse Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reported this as abuse earlier today, but it's still open:

[;

Would it be better to send and email to sdn@sap.com?

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I report a post as abuse for any particular reason, is there a general time frame when action is talken? If the moderator(s) feel the post does not not contain any thing to be reported as abuse, is the person who reported it as abuse informed about that?

I have reported a couple of posts as abuse few days back and still have not seen any action taken/ informed about it. Will be glad if moderators can make this clear to all forum members.

Regards,

Jaishankar

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using the Abuse button is the way to go. When the issue is copyrighted materials we often for legal reasons will not remove the request immediately. We do have a process and using the button seems to me the best option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Legal reasons...hmmm?

Is that to see if anyone bites?

Rob

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean the lawyer or the abuser?

Seriously, I get your gist and I suppose it would make sense to remove the request before someone bites, but I need to check myself on that one. Usually we are called in for escalations when folks have responded sending materials. I think the request for illegal stuff is also illegal. Hopefully the fact that you have responded on the thread should deter further activity and response. thanks

scott_lawley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Rob et al... I agree with Marilyn... the abuse button is a necessity, one of the first steps in a lengthy process. Fortunately, the legal/law enforcement roles can directly map to what we are attempting to implement in the community. Here are the roles:

- Law enforcement: identify, apprehend, document, and verify

- Judge: determine nature and extent of abuse/infringement; determine penalty and corrective action

- Jury: non-existent... this is not a democracy

- Executioner: execute/apply penalty

- Parole Officer: monitor actions of recent offenders

I believe the difficulty we all face is that we do not fully understand which role we play. It is easy to be a law enforcer, but do we have the knowledge all the time to judge, and do we have the authority to apply the penalty? This is gray area which needs definition and support by community management on how we deal with community offenders. Our internal IP legal team is working on a streamlined process for dealing with IP infringement and other abuses. Unfortunately, this is work in progress, and for the time being we must manage by exception on all community abuse. We are obligated to provide any warning we feel is necessary and escalate to appropriate persons for verification and judgment.

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although looking at that link - it is on sap-press.de which is an SAP website. So it is a pdf which is part of a book, rather than a full training course. So probably is completely legal.... for once.

Paul