cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Monitoring - How to get the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have a tool to monitor non sap systems and services and would like to use the same tool to get some runtime information from PI services, specially soap interfaces. The information we want is available at runtime workbench, performance monitoring.

Is there a standard function we can use to get this data (EJB , Bapi, RFC, etc...) ? Today we are importing daily a file with this information from RWB, but this is enough only for statistical purposes, not for monitoring.

Some tip?

thank you.

regards.

roberti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberti,

Three are a number of ways to tackle these things - I usually like CCMS just because SAP spends so much time making it work for everything anyway - if your tool can connect to this - you can get some decent information from here about your system status, queue's and java.

Speficially for Messages, I don't think that there are monitors defined as RFC BADI's or BAPI's to use but if you feel saucy, tables for messages are SXMSPMAST2 and SXMSPMAST - should give you a programming head-start to get some data and pass that back although you would only replicate the functions in CCMS.

Of course with all SAP Products, you have to go through the application to get this data, no ODBC connections or otherwise - there are other options like DBCON to allow you to 'send' data to other Db's if you need to do it that way.

Hope that helps somewhat and if this answers your question, please set your thread to answered.

Edited by: David Milliken on Feb 22, 2008 8:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I couldn't find at CCMS the same information we have at runtime workbench/ performance monitoring. On RWB is possible to get some valuable information about interface's performance like message size and average processing times on a given period for each interface we have, like this:

Size (Bytes) Processing Time [s] Sender Serv. Sender Name

5,417; 5,760;6,104 0.466; 0.556; 0.646 EP0_100 ITF_O_A_NOTA_FISCAL_OUT

Do you know if this information is available on CCMS? I have already opened all those itens there and didn't found it.

Thanks!

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the following function modules. In SE37 look for FMs "SXIPERF*" . You will get

SXIPERF_RUNTIME XI Performance: Runtime

SXIPERF_RUNTIME_VERI XI Performance: Runtime

SXIPERF_CONFIG XI Performance: Configuration

SXIPERF_EVALUATE XI Performance: Evaluation

SXIPERF_GET_TRANSID XI Performance: Transaction ID

There are some more..you can digg into them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm just searching into them right now, thanks for the tip!

regards.

roberti

Answers (0)