cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing the application specific URL : sap-cssurl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have designed a new theme and copied to the server and I want to use this new theme only for one application. For this, I am trying to pass the parameter sap-cssurl to my WD application by going to the application properties->New->Self defined-> and when I give the name as sap-cssurl

I get the following message : The identifier sap-cssurl is not valid, it may only consist of the characters a..z, A..Z, 0..9, _ and .

Can you please advice me how can I pass the URL parameter sap-cssurl to my WD application.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayyapparaj,

Thanks for your reply. I have started from this link. If I set the default parameter its applicable for all applications and the link suggests to pass the URL parameter sap-cssurl for that specific application that needs to see the new theme. Now my question is how I can pass the URL parameter for a specific application. Appreciate your inputs here.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you running this WD application? Is it stand-alone or in a portal iview? If it's in an iview then you can find an iview property called "Application Parameters". You can add "sap-cssurl" as a parameter there & also it's value.

If it's running stand-alone, then you will need to add the parameter manually in the browser address bar. You can't use application properties for that.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyajit,

Thanks for your reply. Mine is a standalone WD application. Is it the only way that I ask the users to add this parameter manually to get the desired result. Appreciate any other inputs here.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it's a stand-alone application, how are the users going to launch it? Are they going to type the URL manually or will they click on some link to launch the application?

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyajit,

The users are going to click on the link. Any user who is aware of the URL parameters can easily take it out which would give him a default theme. There is a remote chance of doing this but its still possible from his end.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please suggest for my problem.

Look at my thread.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need help on the same thing.

As Satyajit Chakraborty replied,

I have added the url of new theme in application parameter of Iview. It is still not working. But If i add the same url manually in browser, it is working fine. I want to put it in Iview.

The parameter i am using is Sap-cssurl. i am getting the old theme in dynpro even though i have put the url which workled manually in application parameter. Please help me with the solution.

Thanks and Regards

-Shabir Rahim.

Answers (0)