cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP - NEW Key Figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

We are on SCM 5.0 and Live on DP. Planning area and POS is active with key figures and characteristics.

I would like to add a new keyfigure to the planning area. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Sanjiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SCM 5.0, a new keyfigure can be added in the planning area, without deactivating it.

Goto T.Code: MSDP_ADMIN, right click on the planning area, select change keyfigure settings, select append row. In that new row, a new keyfigure for the planning area can be selected.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

That would be excellent if it works. Let me try and update the group so that it might

be helpful to somebody else too.

I shall keep the thread open till that time.

Best Regards

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per above information. I went to T.Code: MSDP_ADMIN, right clicked on the planning area and selected change keyfigure settings. Once I did that it is saying "This transaction enables you to change key figure settings for initialized planning areas. Such changes are critical as they can lead to data loss and have long processing times"

I would not like to have any data loss. Is it risky to proceed this way ?

Thank you

Regards

Sanjiv

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjiv,

We have a reqmnt same as yours. We need to add 17 new KFs to a DP Planning Area. I wanted to know whether the option of "Change Key Figure Settings" actually works seamlessly? Did it work perfectly for you? Are there any issues in doing so? ARe there problems with transporting teh Planning RAea after using this option?

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers!

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check the same i did some research in the sandbox system in APO.

I went and added a key figure into the planning area changes, and came out and executed the changes.

then i went to initialize the planning area.

after initalizing the planning area i tried to go into interactive demand plannging and load already existing selection. but for some reason i was getting the error in com routine.

Do i need to do any consistency check to remove that error??

please suggest.

Regards,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per above information. I went to T.Code: MSDP_ADMIN, right clicked on the planning area and selected change keyfigure settings. Once I did that it is saying "This transaction enables you to change key figure settings for initialized planning areas. Such changes are critical as they can lead to data loss and have long processing times"

I would not like to have any data loss. Is it risky to proceed this way ?

Thank you

Regards

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats just to scare you

go ahead and change....

Hope you are doing this in development and should not be too worried about data in development...

anyhow back up the data into a cube if its precious

Former Member
0 Kudos

Repeating what srinivas asked above..."Could you actually add a KF without deactivating the PA"

I know you can change some settings of already existing KF

But to add a KF you need to deactivate the planning area i would think....

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure... you need to run the livecache consistency checks.. the TS and the PLOB consistency needs to be maintained

though adding the KF wouldve run these jobs automatically it should have been some issue with the job not succeeding (check the logs created when adding the KF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of consistency check would be suggested ?

Regards

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK - for time series/livecache

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC - for livecache/MPOS sysnc

/SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK - for MPOS

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont think there is a way to do it without deactivating the POS (after taking the planning area backup), adding the new key figure and finally reactivating reloading the planning area from backup. The topic has been discussed before in the forum, and you can probably search on it. This is the very reason that in a design one should have extra key figures to accomodate changes in requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I am understanding correctly you are saying that we cannot add any new figure to existing Planning area or Master Planning Object Structure once it is live. I was not part of the design but joined at a later stage.

Can you please send me the link if you are referring to ?

Thank you

Regards

Sanjiv

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It did not help.

Are there any other options ?

Thank you

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjay,

I think the following method may b useful some extent.

If the new key figure which u wish to add is dependant on any of the exisitng KF, then u may try out with macro design with existing KF, instead of de-activating all the KF from the PA. This will suite the requirement some extent/ in full and no additional load may takes place on the system performance.

suggest if any other means can b discussed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved. Thank you.

Regards

Sanjiv

Edited by: Sanjiv Iyer on May 1, 2008 10:48 AM

Edited by: Sanjiv Iyer on May 1, 2008 10:49 AM