cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature capture overwritten files..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've just enabled succesfully the signature capture functionality in order to test it on my laptop. However, I noticed that the sign is captured in "C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\work\sigdata.gif" and afterwards every new sign overwrites the old one, so actually only the last created one exists.

1) Does it means after every signing the user should synchronise..?

2) Call of MAM30_80 unfortunately ends with

Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call:Error occurred during character conversion

do you have any idea how this can be overcome..?

3) As far as I can remember from somewhere in the coding, the maximum size the sigdata.gif can have is 4K, right?

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Larissa,

Thanks for your answers so far. Now it works, there is no such error and actually the sign and the report are OK on backend. I've replaced the SyncBOs on middleware (reimported new definitions, regenerated), so it might be that this helped...

However, now we have the problem that sending signature button (most right on the menu of iw33) is not working. We have applied the SAP Note 979926 - MAM 3.0 : Sendmail after Signature capture success, however it did not help, so I've opened an OSS, but this is a different story..

Thanks,

Lalo

Edited by: Lalo Ivanov on Apr 17, 2008 9:26 AM

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

Forgot to mention in my previous post: the conversion error that you have sounds like a backend issue (not frontend, hence Creme is probay not the reason).

There are a couple of notes for signature backend issues, like 904317, 1008430, 904334. They are quite old, though, so you probably have them in your system already.

I would open a CSS message to SAP regarding this BAPI issue.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

To clarify your original question regarding only one sigdata.gif file on the device.

It is actually a bug in the code (probably mine as I have developed this functionality a few years back) - there should be NO gif file at all.

The reason is security. Gif file can be accessed/copied (especially on PDAs that have no windows login) and wrongfully used.

When signature is saved it is converted into the binary string, parsed into pieces of 255 characters (in MAM30_080 Item040) and sent to the backend. Gif file is used as an interim and should have been removed. That is why you only see one (the latest that was processed) file.

Backend then applies a process to glue 255 char binary pieces together and creates a TIF file which is stored as an order attachment.

The process of gluing pieces togetehr is quite heavy, that is why it is not available on the device. It would probably be okay on laptop but MAM was designed for PDAs originally.

Having said all this, the error that you have syncing signature up has nothing to do with this sigdata.gif file.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jennifer,

1) I am creatiing the MAM war with these jars inside it

i.e. inside the MAM directory structure do have:

XMAM30_HANDHELD_SR4\WEB-INF\lib\signaturecapture.jar

and

XMAM30_HANDHELD_SR4\signature\mamsignapplet.jar

XMAM30_HANDHELD_SR4\signature\signaturecapture.jar

2) Afterwards I am converting the war to .sda from the NWA

3) Deploying the MAM from NWA as well

4) When device got the MAM application it have these jars put in correct place as well

Hope this helps,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Unfortunately the error above:

-

cut -

26.02.2008 14:34:27 Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call:Error occurred during character conversion

26.02.2008 14:34:27 Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call:Database error for <GET_NEXT_NUMBER> <EXT>

26.02.2008 14:34:27 Return code from RFC BAPI Wrapper call:Error occurred during character conversion

-

cut -

still appears even I am using the SAP standart coding. So, any ideas?

Also, inside SAP Note 897289 it is mentioned of a bug inside Creme RegisterPlugin script, this error still appears in Creme 3.27d. Beside of creating manually a fixed script and executing it, I do not feel editing on laptop as feasible solution... the installation of single device would take hours...!?

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Actually, it is not quite right to say I've enabled it. Also - I am talking about MAM. We had a customization that did not displayed the Order report link at the end of the Order Details screen (order_details.jsp or something in this way, unfortunately I do not have the sources now in front of me). And as you know adding signature is accessible from Order report screen.

As I remember when you press Add signature from the bottom of Order report screen, another screen with few text fields is displayed. These fields are put in one of the items of MAM30_080, the others as Oliver mentioned are filled with the data chunks of the sigdata.gif itself. As you know MAM30_080 is Upload SyncBo (as MAM30_05 and MAM30_06)

Unfortunately, I did not find any official documentation (or did not search enough), but for example there is a SAP Note 897289 which is a good point how to make it working on device. There is no customisation you should do via spro for it as far as I know.

Dear Oliver,

Thanks for your answer, it is helpful as usual;-) I'll have to take a deeper look inside the coding of the MAM30_080_create, it is calling another attachment-saving function module, perhaprs there could be the reason.

Thanks & Regards,

Lalo

Edited by: Lalo Ivanov on Feb 23, 2008 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

thanks for the compliments

Well, one question - if you have the customisation on one screen and then a problem with order create on the next - could you do me a favour: could you revert the customisation and then try to create the signature. I am not really sure, but let me explain why I ask you that: while opening the order report screen some values are written to the context. If you do not open that screen because of your enhandement. these values are missing. So the easiest way: remove this customisation, create the signature and see if the creation works fine. If this is the case, create a signature again, but leave it in the persistence. Then put your customisation back into place and create a new siganture - make sure: NO SYNC! Then compare the two created datasets. You should see that there is a field missing in the last creation. (I bett - by 99% this is the case.) So then all you need to find out: what field is it and then customize the Signature controller and in there put that value into the context. Then all is working fine. Unfportunately this is one of the back sides of MAM: the enhancement concept is great as long as you just want to display more fields on a page then initially designed by SAP. But in the moment you change the complete page structure or even worse, skip a complete page and create a new process, then the MAM enhancement comes to its limits and the error messages are sometimes a little wired - and not that straight forward to slolve.

Hope that gives you an idea where to look at and you can solve the issue without big hassle.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lalo:

In note 897289, it says:

2. Create an .sda file that contains:

both retrieved JAR files from step 1 with the ZIP path: signature\

signature capture JAR file from step 1 with the ZIP path: WEB-INF\lib\

a file called Manifest.mf with the ZIP path: meta-inf\ with text:

INSTALLATIONDIR for xMAM: webapps/XMAM30_HANDHELD_SRX

INSTALLATIONDIR for xMAM for Utilities: webapps/MAU

I have 2 questions about this:

1) how to create the .sda file? I try "mobile archive converter" but fail.

2) could you show me the exact ZIP paths? Because above text is very confusing.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LAlo,

well, yes, the file is overwritten, but that is not that problematic!

The procedure is as folows: you save the file to the local disk - then with the screenchange MI reads the file and puts it into the SyncBO with reference to the actual data. So when you create the next signature, it is the same procedure, but a new syncbo is crearted. So yes, the GIF file itself contains always the last signature, but in the persistence you have all the GIFs since the last sync.

A gif can be larger 4KB, but it is unusual that it is. This is due to the size, the GIF format as such and that it is only 2 color. (Black/white) putting that into account, the size is usually smaller. But cause MI can only handel 255chars per field, the GIF is splitted into several items. Look into the persistence, there you can see that.

What confuses me a little is your error message - I think it happensat sync time and it is the error thrown in the middlewqare, cause you talk about the BAPI wrapper? If this is the case, go briefly again to the installation sequence and check if you have done the setup and installation correctly and if all notes are in. And then: you can look into the data on the middleware in MEREP_MON. Open the create handler in the backend and enter the data manually - this will give you a better idea about the error and will give you a hint how to solve it. Unfortunately it was morking always fine for me, so I can not really be helpfull on this bit, cause I never had that error.

But hopefully the other 2 points got more clear for you now.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you tell me how do you enable the signature capture functionality?