cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Studio Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i have configured and started msgserver in a computer with database 7.6.03.15 where i have created any tables with user SKUDA, later grant all perms on this tables to user REPLER (replication user created from database manager), in other computer i have installed the last database studio, and javaee 5 sdk, i have copied to the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\sdb\data\app\syncman\extern the files:

javaee.jar

jce.jar

sunjce_provider.jar

from Database Studio i have logged with REPLER and SKUDA, i can do sql queries, browse tables, all seems to be ok, but when in a table i try with the context menu "synchronize" i get this error message in console:

Error creating a message server object.

Error initializing connection.

What can be the problem? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i have been able to launch database studio, but i have had to reconfigure all other time, database, users and "local" replication permission, i get this in event log viewer.

-Error creating a message server object.

java.lang.Exception: SdbEnvironment: No such Directory: "C:\Archivos de programa\sdb\programs\app\syncman".

at com.sap.sdb.bootstrap.SdbEnvironment.<init>(SdbEnvironment.java:67)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getJarUrls(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1636)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getSecurityProvider(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1771)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.initConMetaData(SyncManUIPlugin.java:290)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.internalGetConDataBase(SyncManUIPlugin.java:268)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getConDataBase(SyncManUIPlugin.java:262)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.syncWizard(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1507)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.action.AddToSyncAction.run(AddToSyncAction.java:33)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.actions.BaseResourceAction.run(BaseResourceAction.java:163)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:254)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.application.ToolsUIApplication.run(ToolsUIApplication.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

-Error initializing connection

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getSecurityProvider(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1777)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.initConMetaData(SyncManUIPlugin.java:290)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.internalGetConDataBase(SyncManUIPlugin.java:268)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.getConDataBase(SyncManUIPlugin.java:262)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.SyncManUIPlugin.syncWizard(SyncManUIPlugin.java:1507)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.syncman.action.AddToSyncAction.run(AddToSyncAction.java:33)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.actions.BaseResourceAction.run(BaseResourceAction.java:163)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:254)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.application.ToolsUIApplication.run(ToolsUIApplication.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)

Should not be the "C:\Archivos de programa\sdb\programs\app\syncman" directory "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\sdb\data\app\syncman" instead?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I thought it would be sufficient if you call dbmstop first and just in the case there is no success dbmdrop would force Database Studio to create a new .UMDB.

-

Database Studio (SyncMan) determines the extern directory calling a dbmcli command.

Can you execute "dbmcli dbm_getpath INDEPPROGPATH" from command line and post the result?

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition can you execute "dbmcli dbm_getpath INDEPDATAPATH" from command line and post the result?

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador>dbmcli dbm_getpath INDEPPROGPATH

OK

C:\Archivos de programa\sdb\programs

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador>dbmcli dbm_getpath INDEPDATAPATH

OK

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\sdb\data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The directoy "C:\Archivos de programa\sdb\programs\app\syncman" should exist?

If you have the default Sun Security provider it is not necessary to copy the jce.jar file and the sunjce_provider.jar to the extern directory. They are taken from the JAVA_HOME directory. Just leave the javaee.jar in the extern directory.

I have to improve the documentation on this.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

The directory c:\archivos de programa\sdb\programs\app\syncman does not exist, c:\archivos de programa\sdb\programs\app does not exist either, but C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Datos de programa\sdb\data\app\syncman\extern exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the directory "c:\archivos de programa\sdb\programs\app\syncman" should come with the SyncMan installation.

Can you please check where the jar files like msgserver.jar or syncservice.jar are located?

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

so that it is the question, this computer has not maxdb version 7.6 installed, the database i want to synchronize are in other computers, i wanted to administrate the synchronization from database studio. i have not maxdb 7.7 version. Should i use normal syncman Manager instead?

Edited by: Soraya Pedrera Fernandez on Feb 22, 2008 6:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In fact Database Studio does not need the SyncMan installation directory.

I will improve this in a future version and remove this dependency.

I think you can avoid ths error if you manually create the missing directory.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have crated the "c:\archivos de programa\sdb\programs\app\syncman" and later "c:\archivos de programa\sdb\programs\app\syncman\lib" and now i have this error:

java.lang.Exception: SdbEnvironment: File not Found: "C:\Archivos de programa\sdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar".

should i copy this from one of my maxdb 7.6 computers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Database Studio SyncMan checks for

<Prog Path> app/syncman

<Prog Path> app/syncman/lib

<Prog Path> runtime/jar/sapdbc.jar

<Prog Path> bin/x_server.exe

<Prog Path> bin/x_ping.exe

I will remove all these dependencies for Database Studio SyncMan so it can handle MaxDB 7.6 for synchronization.

You could copy these programs manually or try to install Database Studio and the the SyncMan 7.6 package on the same computer.

If this causes to much trouble for you please use the 7.6 SyncMan GUI.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i have been able to create the replication unit, i will try to finish configurating this tomorrow, thanks Wolfgang.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get this result.

C:\Archivos de programa\sdb\programs\DatabaseStudio\utilities\pgm>dbmstart .UMDB

The MaxDB Database Starter, Version 7.7.03.23

Copyright 2000-2008 by SAP AG

Error! Connection failed to node (local) for database .UMDB:

-24700,ERR_DBMSRV_NOSTART: Could not start DBM server.

-24832,ERR_SHMNOTAVAILABLE: Shared memory not available

-24744,ERR_SHMPLATFORMMISMATCH: Shared Memory from different platform Unknown (0

x00) (expected WIN32, I386)

Error: Error while calling dbmcli

"C:\Archivos de programa\sdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli" -d .UMDB -u , db_online

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please,

delete the .UMDB.shm and the .UMDB.shi files. If they cannot be deleted kill all dbmsrv.exe in the task manager.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i have rebooted the machine with database studio and now i cant even login, it gives me this error:

Error: LaunchException: Error During Database Restart

com.sap.sdb.tools.dbmprocess.LaunchException: LaunchException: Error During Database Restart.

at com.sap.sdb.tools.dbmprocess.DbmProcessUtility.restartDB(DbmProcessUtility.java:1094)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.usermanagement.UM_DBManagement.restartUMDB(UM_DBManagement.java:460)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.core.ui.CoreUIPlugin.connectUser(CoreUIPlugin.java:295)

at com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.application.ToolsUIWorkbenchWindowAdvisor.postWindowOpen(ToolsUIWorkbenchWindowAdvisor.java:113)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.fireWindowOpened(WorkbenchWindow.java:1128)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.open(WorkbenchWindow.java:685)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.openWindowsAfterRestore(Workbench.java:2886)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1686)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$12(Workbench.java:1650)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$17.run(Workbench.java:1529)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1473)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(WorkbenchConfigurer.java:183)

at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:702)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1085)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1847)

i see the service MAXDB:.UMDB with status starting forever, i have tried to kill kernel.exe and restart the service but it gives me an timeout error although windows event viewer gives me an event from MAXDB:.UMDB with info SERVERDB.'UMDB' started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the folder ...\SDB\programs\DatabaseStudio\utilities\pgm there are to programs dbmstop and dbmdrop.

You can call them like this: dbmstop .UMDB.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you post the content of this error from the Event Log Viewer. (Window->Show View->Database Studio->Event Log Viewer)

Best Regards

Wolfgang