Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Inspection Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a problem:

A Batch is posted in QI (Qnty:300gm) for recurring inspection lot. Now according to the inspection plan for the inspection lot is having sample size 500gm i.e. greater then the lot size. ow the system is not allowing me to attach the tasklist to the lot. In this condition I need to cancel teh lot but I can't pls let me know how can I calcel.

In this kind of case the batch is sampled and then rejacted due to laking sample quntity but to do such in SAP alos I need to assign the tasklist and then I can do the UD.

I am supposed to create an dummy inspection plan with zero sample quantity to resolve it. But it's not the permanent solution and also looking violeting the regulatory laws

With Regards,

Shyamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Modify the plan temporarily to calculate a sample size of 1. Get the plan assigned to the lot and then change you plan back.

That's how I would handle this.

If your going to inspect small qty's like that, you'll need to create a special plan for these for future lots.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Craig

We have done the same, as I have mentioned in the question itself that we have created a Dummy TL. But it will be great help if you can provide me some inputs to related to the compliance of handling this issue in such a manner.

With lots of Thanks,

Shyamal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For small lot sizes you create a plan for doing those types of inspections. On the header page of the inspection plans near the bottom, are some quantities fields. These qtys. are the lot sizes that the plan should be applied to. So you create one plan for lots sizes 100kg to 99999999kg. Then another plan for lot sizes 1 kg to 99 kg. And then a third one for lot sizes 0 to 1 kg. These then have the right sampling procedures to calculate the right sample size for the lot size being inspected.

Craig

Answers (0)