Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Long text o f a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to change long text of role?

i changed it from language DE but it is not reflecting when i login in English language.

please help me to sort out this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at Note 854311 - SE63: Translation of role texts fails

I'm not sure what the relation of SE63 is, but we had an issue with PFCG where we got a similar message. We would change the description, save the role, we would get a "saved successfully" message, and then when the role was viewed or edited again, the text would still be what it was prior to changing it.

Please remember to award points if this is helpful.

Best regards,

Rich

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at Note 854311 - SE63: Translation of role texts fails

I'm not sure what the relation of SE63 is, but we had an issue with PFCG where we got a similar message. We would change the description, save the role, we would get a "saved successfully" message, and then when the role was viewed or edited again, the text would still be what it was prior to changing it.

Please remember to award points if this is helpful.

Best regards,

Rich

0 Kudos

I've been looking at the same issue (albeit from EN to NL) and found no faster option than to have an abaper write some code to copy all entries in AGR_TEXTS for selected roles where the language is EN and the line number is 0 to similar entries with the language NL. I had possible existing entries in the target language overwritten and was quite happy with the results.

Jurjen