cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiating between zero value and Initial value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Does any1 know how to differentiate between a zero value (0) and an Initial value ( Blank) in a key figure of a planning book. I need it to differentiate between whether the value in a keyfigure has been updated as zero by a planner or has not been touched by the planner.I am using SCM 4.0

Pls help.

Thanks,

Ameet

Edited by: Ameet Deshpande on Feb 22, 2008 4:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can find this in the release notes in 5.0 - this is not available in 4.0 where it would all seem to be blank

but i think you can , if you want to do some processing based on knowing whether someone has changed it, use another macro VALUE_OF_ROW_CHANGED()

VALUE_OF_ROW_CHANGED( X ; Y1 ; ... Yn ) returns 1 if the user has changed one or more key figure values in columns Y1 through Yn of row X in the current planning session since last pressing Enter. In the attributes of the row, enter Row Attributes as the data source..

so you can either change the attribute of the cell based on this or write into another KF or aux KF a valeu based on whats returned by this macro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your planning area settings, you need to check the box "Zero Allowed" against the key figure you want to distinguish. This will then allow you to differentiate between the two values. In order for this to work, however, you will need to ensure that the user has GUI 7.10 or higher installed.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. But I am unable to locate the 'Zero Allowed' indicator in the planning area maintenance screen

Is it that the option is available from SCM5,0 and higher ?

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I believe it came in from SCM 5.0 onwards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is functionality is avaliable from 5.0 onwards, besides this you need the front end 7.10 to actually see 0 entered. This is in addition to planning are setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

If you are not able to locate the Zeros Allowed field in SCM 5.0, please go thru the below mentioned path

Goto ur PA -> Right Click -> Change Key Figure Settings -> Zero Allowed ( Column)

If you check Zero allowed against ur keyfigure the system can differentiate b/w 0 and initial value.

Thanks

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading to 5.0 and are on the 710 gui patch level 4. I've enabled the zero allowed setting but are not seeing the 0 in Interactive planning - it just looks blank. Do you actually see the number 0 in your systems?