cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR Modelling in CE 7.1 Purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some problems understanding the purpose of the ESR modelling in CE 7.1.

I have produced some models (process component, integration, process component interaction etc.) but I can't "deploy" a whole model to run on CE 7.1. I can just deploy interfaces in order to implement them with CAF for example.

So, I don't understand where exactly these components come into play in CE 7.1.

Do they have only semantic meaning?

Can somebody explain this or give an example of how this modelling can be used within CE or probably outside CE?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Vera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bv_pillai
Participant
0 Kudos

Vera,

You can refer my blog for the purpose of ESR service modeling.

/people/bv.pillai/blog/2008/02/06/esr-service-modeling--step-by-step-guide-for-outside-in-approach

Regards,

Velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velu,

thanks for the reply.

But what I am interested in is how the ESR modelling comes into play in a CE 7.1 only environment, without a backend. I have only CE 7.1 with ESR installed and I wondered if I can make use of the ESR capabilities in such an environment

Thanks in advance!

Vera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vera

What is definitely possible is to model service interfaces in ESR, go to the NW Developer studio and implement these service interfaces and deploy them on the server.

ESR supports a pure end to end Java-Based scenario for Provisioning and Consumption.

This series of blogs shows you what you can do end to end - [/people/franklin.herbas/blog/2007/12/10/an-in-depth-look-at-enterprise-soa|/people/franklin.herbas/blog/2007/12/10/an-in-depth-look-at-enterprise-soa]. One of the blogs also talks about implementing the same in Java.

Best regards

Rathish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the info provided!

Best regards,

V S