cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extended classic scenerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am working in extend classic scenerio... i want to create a PO for the backend pur.org and pur.grp ...is it possible to create...

bcz for this type of scenerio we can create PO for local pur.grp and org...i thk so is it correct...

plz give me the detail steps regarding it...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It is possible.

You have to have your buyer setup in Org structure mapping to backend Purch org.

The PO gets created locally first and then gets replicated in ECS.

Regards,

Suren

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Suren's reply please find the below points which make you clear about the scenarios :

You can very well create P.Os for back end materials using back end P.Orgs and P.Groups.

Stand Alone Scenario : Only local P.Os can be created using local material / service, local P.Org and Local P.Group.

This P.O will not get replicated to back end. The entire cycle will be completed in SRM. Only the accounting document will be created in the backend Accounting system.

Extended Classic Scenario : P.Os can be created only for back end materials, backend P.Org and back end P.Group.

The P.O is created in SRM and a copy of it is sent to back end R/3 which can be viewed using ME23N txn.

The confirmation and invoice can be created either in SRM system or in R/3 system.

If both stand alone and Extended classic scenarios co-exist then that scenario is called Decoupled Scenario.

Hope this makes you more clear about various implementation scenarios.

Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Could you please more eloberate on working both stand alone and extended classic scenario with in one SRM system.

My client wants to go for extended classic for few product categories apart from the stand alone scenario.

Could you please guide me how to handle this situation.

I would be appreciated for your quick response.

Regards,

Ram