cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Icon in the URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN Guru's,

In IE 7 you can see small icon before the URL in the address bar of the browser. For SDN site it is SN inside a square box, for google Big G inside a square box etc. For my webdynpro applications I see an SAP logo over there. Do you have any idea how I can put my company website icon over there. Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the view source of the SDN page and found that the following code is making the magic.

<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="/irj/portalapps/com.sap.nw.wpc.cssservice/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

How I can make sure I would include this in my webdynpro application.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's,

Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done in normal HTML pages by adding the following tag (as you see in the SDN page source):

><LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="/~your_directory/iconFile.ico">

But since you don't have access to the HTML generated by the WD framework, this won't work for you.

Another way is to simply save the icon file as "favicon.ico" in your website's root folder and any time your website is added to the favorites, the logo will appear before the URL. But in case of WD, I am not sure how this can be achieved

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Browsers automatically search for a favicon.ico in the current page's directory. If it cannot find one, it tries one level up, etc. So, adding a favicon.ico to your server's webroot should do the trick, also for Web Dynpro's. This doesn't work though if the generated page contains the aforementioned link tag.

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on Feb 25, 2008 4:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved this issue by going through the SDN thread :

/message/4725084#4725084 [original link is broken]

Thanks!

Surya.