cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveCache Monitoring Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When I try to start LiveCache Monitoring option with LC10 it's failing with Error: DBM Error; Return code -11; Error Message: tp error: operable programe or batch file

And if say okay at this stage, it displays in status bar as 'Error in DBMSERVER or DBMCLI'

Please help, we are with SCM 7.0 on win2003 with SQL backend, ofcourse MaxDB as well.

Thanks

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure that program dbmcli is in the system path at Windows level... you may need to restart your SAP instance including SAPService[SID] after this change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric Brunelle,

Firstly thanks for your answering the question.

Secondly, the dbmcli.exe path has very much already added for Windows level path as D:\sapdb\programs\pgm but still not working...

FYI...LC10, LiveCache Monitoring works fine if my login instance is Central instance but not (facing this problem) when my login instance is newly added Application Server.

Please let me know if any more info require.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sekhar

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sekhar,

You reported error:

"

Error: DBM Error;

Return code -11;

Error Message: tp error: operable programe or batch file

"

to start LiveCache Monitoring option with LC10.

-> As SAP customer you could open the OSS message to the component 'BC-DB-LVC'.

-> If you have further problems/questions with liveCache please post the thread at

the forum MAXDB/liveCache :

-> I think that the problem you had due the fact that on the problematic application server

the 'Path' environment variable of the user <SID>adm < the user which started the SCM application

Server> was NOT extended with the run directory, where tp tool located.

To resolve your problem ::

Adjust the 'Path' environment variable of the user <SID>adm with directory <DIR_EXECUTABLE>,

Then restart the application with <SID>adm user.

Please be sure, that if you logon as user <SID>adm to the application server you could run,

for example, 'tp -V' without problems.

You could run on the problematic server the TA /nal11 & check <DIR_EXECUTABLE>.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina