cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Flexability within XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where the source system required specific return codes in the response xml when the target application is down.

E.g: (SYNCHRONOUS communication)

Scenario 1

XML message is received by XI from source. Message is sent to SAP BAPI and the response is then return to Sender. This has been done and there are no issues

Scenario 2

XML is received by XI but SAP is down. The standard HTTP error code is returned with the description of some kind of runtime error.

My question is:- Is there any way I can map a standard response to the source sys for scenario 2?

Please bare in mind that the source application can only communicate synchronously.

This is what I have tried thus far BUT without any luck:

1 - Developed a BPM with a SYNC/ASYNC bridge and an exception branch. This does NOT work cause the BMP only allows 1 send that closes the async brigde

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any other ideas to help me resolve this challenge?

Coming from a webMethods environment where processing of this kind is real easy. I was hoping XI had the same flexibility!!

Thanx for your help.

Regards

Yackeen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yackee,

you could try something like this:

inside the BPM just before you call

bapi make another sync call to a sync java proxy

that proxy would "ping" the SAP server and if there's

no connection it could return the error in response

this then the BPM switch step and just map the proxy response to the target message

I haven't tried it but I believe it would work

as inside the proxy you can handle the call in java

so most probably you would be able to get the return code

and send it back to your BPM

Regards,

michal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yakeen,

<i>Is there any way I can map a standard response to the source sys for scenario 2</i>

Why cant you try using fault messages as response when the actual response fails.

The Fault Message speicifed on the outbound message interface side can return text or URL you specify whenever the SAP system is down.

For more info on Fault Mesage, go thro

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5d/a45c3cff8ca92be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Cheers

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I have read, the fault messages are only useful when you are using proxies. Also, I couldnot find any documentation for mapping specific error codes/test to the fault message types (np proxies) when an error is detected.

Anyways...thanx for your suggestion.

Yackeen