Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to Legacy

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

hi frnds,

I have a scenario in which data flows from R/3 to Legacy. The scenario goes like this :

step1: In R/3 a pdf file is generated and is put into a specific folder in the R/3 itself

step2: then a RFC call is made from R/3 to XI and this RFC includes some set of fields which needs to be mapped. Among these fields one field contains the path where the above created pdf file is stored.

step3: Now XI after recieving the above RFC call from R/3 it needs to check with the path where the pdf file is stored and

->should pick that pdf file and send it to the legacy

-> also it needs to map the RFC fields and sent that file to the legacy

step4: once the transfers to legacy is done then XI needs to send an update with some field mapping to X as an acknowledgment to R/3

so how we need to approach for this scenario, aslo please provide me if you have any documents to handle such scenarios.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few questions to be clarified:

1) Do u know the directory path where ur pdf file will be stored?if yes then why do u send the directory path through RFC.U can directly put the file directory path in file adapter for picking pdf file.

2) is everytime ur file name will be same or it will be different?Ru sending the file name through RFC.

3) R u sending both the informations(RFC data and PDF data) in a single file?

For reading a PDF file u need a file adapter with adapter module check the below weblog:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9913a954-0d01-0010-8391-8a3...

SAP Network Blog: XI: Read data from PDF file in Sender Adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/31/xi-read-data-from-pdf-file-in-sender-adapter

SAP Network Blog: XI: Generate PDF file out of file adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/27/xi-generate-pdf-file-out-of-file-adapter

Thnx

Chirag

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply chirag

answers :

1) yea I know the path where the pdf file is kept but RFC call is required not only for knowing path, it also has some data specific to perticular pdf and which needs to be updated at legacy along with providing the pdf file.

2)The first 3 charecters will be constant(INV) for whcih invoice numbers will be appended i.e. INV*********.pdf.

RFC contails filename and information related to it which needs to be updated in legacy

3)pdf data is put in a perticular folder in R/3 and a RFC call is made to XI with information related to that pdf file.

How can we handle this situation. please suggest any feasible solution if any....

Please let me know if you have any clarifications....

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u clarify on the same:

3) R u sending both the informations(RFC data and PDF data) in a single file?

I told u the method of reading the pdf file.

In ur case it will be two sender one is file which need to be picked up using file adapter and RFC data which will be send from R3.

Need to check out whether it is possible or not?

Thnx

Chirag

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

No.First pdf file is kept in one folder then RFC call is made to XI in which providing the file information and path too and some othere required fields too...

So once we get the RFC call then XI needs to go and pick the file from R/3 and needs to send as it is wihtout any mapping.

Please suggest any other pocedure if this is not possible.

Scenario in brief:

->Invoices are stored in pdf and put in one folder

->RFC call is made to XI with information about file and other legacy required data which needs to be updated in legacy either in flat file/database

->once pdf file is sent to legacy then R/3 must be updated as a response of the above RFC call.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to go for ABAP proxy with attchment. U may call the RFC in the proxy to send the data. This data will be sent as proxy interface. This way both ur RFC data and attachment could be sent.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

Regards,

Prateek

former_member203631
Participant
0 Kudos

I think this is very difficult scenario.....

I didnt get even a single reply.....