cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding creation of new Alert category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

When I am creating a new alert category using Tcode ALRTCATDEF and trying to save it .A prompt-message is displayed as “prompt for customizing request “ what should i do to create the new Alert category . and see it in the select Alert category box

Regards,

Aziz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks U chirag for giving all the help i needed .

Regards,

Azeez khan.

Edited by: azeez khan on Feb 24, 2008 7:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still I have not got the exact type of error u wanted to raise for ur scenario. Pls explain me with example.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is asking for creating a transport request.

As u r creating it on ABAP stack so in normal situation when u r moving for Dev to QA u have to transport this alert catagory that why it is propmting you.

There is an option of local object select that.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag

Thanks for the reply , Here is one scenario like EP->XI->sqlserver .where EP (soap)is the sender and Sqlserver(JDBC ) is the RECEVIER , here XI needs to send Email Alerts back to the EP if condition fails

1) how can i send an email alert through RWB?

2)what are the steps i need to configure using Tcode ALRTCATDEF.

3) is this possible using CCMS Alerts .

4)do i need SMTP to be configured to send an Email Alert ?

Thanks in advance &Regards,

Azeez khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneez,

I have given u all the configuration steps with links also the different ways by which u can raise alert.

I think u have not gone through my threads. Also u did not replied me whether u resolved the problem which is raised in thread.

1) how can i send an email alert through RWB?

RWB is used for raising Integration and Adapter engine related errors.

Its depends upto u what kind of errors u want to send.

2)what are the steps i need to configure using Tcode ALRTCATDEF.

Already provided u in one of ur thread.

3) is this possible using CCMS Alerts .

U can use this is another way of raising errros.

4)do i need SMTP to be configured to send an Email Alert ?

GO to SU01 transaction and maintained email address where u need to send alert message. IN ALRTCATDEF u need to mentioned the use in the fixed receiver tab.

Hope it clears to you.

Thnx,

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

I have gone through all your given blogs and it helped me a lot to understand about Alert configuration and regarding the previous problem raised in thread "yes" i got the solution it has been solved and thanks for your reply. Actually i am very NEW to this Alert configuration so i was bit confused about some of the questions . Now i know what all the steps we need to create an Alert in RWB .Actually in our scenario XI is using JDBC adapters to check and send Alerts(responce) to HTTP (which is a sender system) .we are using BPM.

so i u have an blogs related to this scenario pls post to my Email id (u can see in my bussiness card )

and thanks once again for ur responses........!

Regards,

Azeez khan