Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table join in Quickview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am making a join of header table and detail table

while creating my own Quickview in t-code SQVI .

Please guide me ,how do i link the key field in the header table

to the field in the detail table so that i can view

selected fields of both the tables in output.

eg.Billing :header data and billing :item data.

Thanks for your answer.

Umesh Karane.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The QuickViewer is a new product that is actually a variant of the standard query maintenance transaction. It contains the following new features:

• The reports created using the QuickViewer are called QuickViews. They have the same functional properties as queries, but only basic lists may be defined.

• User groups are no longer necessary in the QuickViewer. All users have their own personal supply of QuickViews that cannot be passed between different users. You may, however, convert QuickViews to queries and then assign them to a user group.

• Functional areas are no longer a requirement when defining QuickViews. When defining a QuickView you must initially specify a data source. This data source may be a table, a database view, a table join, a logical database, or a functional area that already exists.

• The QuickViewer has two different modes for creating QuickViews Basis mode and Layout mode. In basis mode, only those fields you want to use in the report are selected (including sort fields and selection fields) and your report's graphical layout is determined by the tool you choose to display it in (Excel, ALV, as a list, etc.). In layout mode, the Query Painter described above is used to layout your list.

• The QuickViewer uses several different controls and can only be used if your system meets the appropriate hardware and software requirements.

Use transaction code SQVI to call the QuickViewer. You can also use the menu option System -> Services -> QuickViewer.

The initial screen of the QuickViewer is similar to the initial query maintenance screen. You will find an additional window at the left of your screen containing help texts. You may change the size of this window using your mouse. You can call existing QuickViews for processing by selecting a QuickView directly from the table or by entering its name in the appropriate input field. Then choose the function Change.

To create a new QuickView you enter a new name in the input field and choose Create . A dialog box appears where you must make the following entries:

• Title (long text) and remarks, if you so desire

• Type of data source (table/database view, table join, logical database, functional area)

• Name of the data source

At this point different kinds of entries may be expected from the user depending on the type of data source selected. Use the possible entries pushbutton for a list of possible data sources.

• Mode (basis mode or layout mode)

If you have chosen a table join as your data source, the join must be defined before you can begin with QuickView definition. During join definition, a control is made available to users allowing them to visualize the relationships between the individual tables. The join definition procedure will be described in depth below.

If you have chosen a functional area as your data source, the functional area must come from the standard area. Functional areas from the global query area may not be used in QuickView construction.

If you have chosen basis mode for defining you QuickView, a screen is displayed containing a tab strip with three tabs where you can make all of the necessary entries pertaining to the fields you want to display. Here you determine which fields are to be displayed, which fields you want to use as sort fields, and which fields should be used as selection fields. Each tab contains a table on the left with those fields selected and a table on the right containing all fields available for use. The table on the left may contain additional infomation about the fields selected depending on how the are to be used (display, sorting, selection).

To choose a field, select it in the table on the right and use the pushbutton Arrow pointing left to move it to the other table. To deselect a selected field, select it in the table on the left and use the pushbutton Arrow pointing right to move it back to the table on the right. You can select and move more than one field at a time. In addition, pushbuttons exist that allow you to move all of one table's fields to the other.

You can select a field in the selected field list on the left and use the pushbuttons to the left of this table to move the field up or down in the field sequence. This allows you to determine the display or sort sequence of these fields depending on which subscreen (tab) you are currently on. The sort subscreen also has pushbuttons allowing you to alter the sort direction (ascending or descending).

In addition, basis mode contains a selection field with dropdown box that allows you to choose which tool you want to display your list in (Excel, ABAP List Viewer, as a list, etc.).

If you want to design your list's layout yourself and choose layout mode instead, the graphical Query Painter described above appears instead of these tab strips.

Regarding your question where it will be used, supposing you have to generate a report based on the customer sales area, if the despatch details has to be generated, you have to use SQVI and table join KNVV (for sales area) and VBRP (for despatch details).

Hope this explanation is suffice and reward suitably.

Thanks

kishore.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

If you can tell me which tables you want to join, probably, I can suggest exactly.

However, please note that once you table join in SQVI, you will see two while boxes "List field" and "Selection field". Whatever box you select on the left will be input data that you need to give before executing. The right side boxes are the fields which will give you the respective fields data once you execute the report.

Hope this explanation will suffice you. If you are still not clear, please do let me know which tables you want to join and from that what data you want to generate, so that either me or somebody will guide you exactly.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laskmipati and kishore gopala for your valuable

inputs.

Umesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi umesh

go to sqvi, put ur query name and say create , now select table join, and put tables VBRK and VBRP, now can the key figure fields which link two tables.

regards

ravi