cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Transfer Protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For my project, am curretnly storing the files in local xi server directory. We need to ask the client for a FTP server information.

In order to achieve this, is it enough to ask just the file server name and port followed by user name and pwd.

As i have seen some parameters in file communication channel like connect mode and transfer mode, do i need to check these things also.

Just let me know the parameters i need to get it from the client to implement a file sender or receiver communical channel which is of FTP and not NFS.

Regards,

B.Anandh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The information which u said is correct.

Along with that u need to ask for target directory path where ur file will be created and if there is any specific file naming convension is used by client then ask for that also.

make sure that user should have read and write access on the directory where ur file will be created.

Other details u can find in below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag,

I already have the file naming convention as well as the directory path. Do i need to worry about the transfer mode and connect mode. Wat exactly does it do?

Regards,

B.Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have u read the information provided in link.

● Connect Mode make it permanent.

○ Permanent

An existing connection to the FTP server is used permanently.

The connection is reestablished automatically if it is lost on the server side.

○ Per File Transfer

A new connection to the FTP server is established for each file transfer.

● Transfer Mode

Set the FTP connection transfer mode to Text or to Binary.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member

Answers (0)