cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download .NET Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. I have a requirement where i need to get some data from SAP and generate reports in web application.

Can anyone tell me how can i start with as i am new to this. and also I am trying to donwload the .NET Connector from http://service.sap.com/connectors I am not able to do that as i have dont have userid and password. Can u tell where can i dowload this?

Edited by: Vijay vish on Feb 22, 2008 8:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pras, please start a new thread...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have another Issue.

I have downloaded the SAP.Net Connector.

I have Visual Studio 2005, .Net 1.1 and 2.0 framework installed on my system.

When i try to Install the SAP.Net Connector (run the Setup - SAP.Net.Setup_2.0) It gives me error.

"You Must First Install the Visual Studio.Net 7.1 integrated development environment (IDE)".

As per the Installation Instructions, Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 or higher is need for the Installation.

Please let me know is it mandatory to have Visual Studio 2003 Installed?

and also please let me know the prerequsites to SAP.Net Connector Installed succesfully.

Thanks

Prasanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement, I have to access SAP database using Microsoft.Net.

I was trying to download the SAP.Net Connector, It is asking for the username an password.

Could any one please tell me, what is the procedure of getting the username and password.

Or what is the alternative way of getting it downloaded.

This is some thing very urgent and Important.

Regards,

Prasanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Peter.

Actually I'm not working for Softwise or have connection with them. What I'm trying to share in all my replies is the simplicity of the product, and the compatibility with VS greater than version 2003.

I'm sure most of us here in this SAP Netweaver .NET Technologies forum have that confusing experience when trying to develop web applications in VS 2005 or above (or even windows application) that needs to consume proxies from SAP. And still some of us don't want to use web services for one or another reason. There you will find my previous replies to be usefull.

I'm not dragging everyone to use the product, but it's just me sharing my experience. Hopefully I didn't get anyone offensed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't worry Vijay, it's OK if you can't open the page.

You can download Softwise's SAPExplorer to connect your .NET and R/3 system.

The procedure is actually easy.

First, you have to find or create the Function Module to do the job (and make sure it's Remote Enabled when you create it).

Second, use the "Softwise SAP Explorer and Proxy Generator" to make a filter from the Remote Enabled Function Modules/BAPI in your R/3. Right click on the Function Module you are interested with and choose "Generate Proxy". It will automatically create for you the .NET proxy in your solution under the folder "BAPIS".

Third, use the proxy (it's basically a class with a method named before your selected Function Module) after supplying the necessary credentials in the constructor's connectionString parameter. It uses "ASHOST= SYSNR= CLIENT= USER= PASSWD=" as the format.

Pretty easy huh?

I really hope my answer helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indra,

I am seeing the same message from you on different threads about buying an add-on connector from your company. I guess it is okay to plug your product in (although I am not sure if it is permitted by the forum moderators). However, I request you not to take every question to the path of purchasing this product.

Others, what I have done is set up a VS 2003 environment on a virtual machine. I use it only to generate the proxy code. You can simply copy the generated source files into your VS 2005/VS 2008 projects and you are done.

Regards,

Peter

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET can only be downloaded from the SAP Service Marketplace using the link you mentioned by SAP customers.

To access this location you need a username and password.

Depending on the release of the SAP system your are using there might be the option to use SAP Web Services ?

Do you know the basis release of your SAP System ?

If it is 6.40 or higher this should work without using a connector.

In our white paper

Utilizing State Oriented Communication for Web Services Based on Business APIs (BAPI) with Microsoft...

it is explained how a RFC function module can be published as a web service and consumed by a .NET Web Services client.

It actually describes in addition how stateful communication can be achieved.

Best regards,

André