cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create user on portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to portal.All i know that i am able to login with user j2ee_admin with my master password,however i am not able to create user on portal,also i am not aware how to map existing user to portal so that they can loging.Today only i have to show to my PM.

can anybody help me regarding above problem.

I would really appreciate for your help.

Thanks and regards,

Ajit Keshari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create the users in your abap side in 001 client, then to add roles him in User managemet.

1) create user in abap side

2 )find him in user management on portal (with user j2ee_admin) and add the roles

Thanks and regards.

Award if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beradze,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Now can you guide me how to add role to

the user or can you send me step by step details regarding portal configuration.

That would be great help from your side.As i told you that i am absolutely new to portal.

A big Thanks in advence.

Thanks n Regards.

Ajit Keshari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

You can add the role to the user in SU01 or in PFCG also there are many transction.

You can also assign roles to the users using visual admin or ume user management but the roles in the backend system are determined as Groups in the java system so you can assign roles in your backend system or assign groups in the java system.

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I think you know as to create the user in ABAP side on 001 client..

2) Login in portal -- > in menu go to USER MANAGEMENT -->

In search criteria add the name of your newly created user and press GO.

3)Press on the user and in Details of User go to page "Assigned roles"

4) Press the "Modify" button and in Available Roles serch some roles that you thant ... (For example in Search criteria "Available roles" --> super and ALLOCATE the super_admin role).

5) Press "add", the chosen role will appear in " Assigned roles "

6) Press "SAVE" and try to login this user.

Thanks and regards.

Regards .

Award if helful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

About documentation

Go to :

http://help.sap.com/bp/initial/index.htm --> Cross-Industry Packages --> Portals

Open the SAP Best Practices for Portals.

About Users and roles read in --> Technical Information --> Building Blocks --> N04: General Settings --> Installation Guide.

And all rest read through, it is useful.

Award if helpful.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo Beradze

First of all, A real thanks to you for your great help.

My Email_ID : ajit.basisadmin@gmail.com

Let me go through the link which you have provided.

I will get back to you for further doubts.Please provide me your Email_ID for further discussions.

Thanks and Regards

Ajit Keshari

+91 9213996010

ajit.basisadmin@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the best decision of problems I advise you to write messages nevertheless on sdn.sap.com there many professionals and they to you will help it precisely)

I'm cannot know all questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vamshi polasa,

Thanks for your kind help. Actually i am aware of T_code like SU01,PFCG, SCC4 etc but i am new to portal. We have a 200 client, with 50 users, so how to connect 200 client through NW Portal.

Thanks & Regards

Ajit K

ajit.basisadmin@gmail.com

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

I think your backend client is 001 for your portal.

You can create the users in your backend system and then see them in your portal. Also check your SAPJSF user

i think it would have SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO

role but you should have the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION in order to edit the backend system changes or create users through user management in visual admin or user management.You can assign the role SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION to SAPJSF user in the backend system(abap system) and then you can restart your java system.

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.