cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation with navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a component with 4 views in it. On the last view there is a submit button.Clicking on that i have to validate all the inputs and highlight the field left balnk or has wrong input.

But the problem is, suppose a field is left blank on view1 , I want though I am currently in view4, my app will take me to view1, hilight the field and display the error message.

How should i do it?

I know how to validate, how to show error message, only the navigation I want.

Thanks,

Prosun

Points will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prosun Bondopadhyay,

Create a node in the componet controller, say view_error, with attributes for each view.

then on the navigation when you first run the application from firstview to second view, Check the fields, if some error is there,then the set the attribute for first view in the view_error node.

do the same for further navigations.

once you press the submit button on final view, check the node view_error and do fire the plug from view4 to corresponding node based on the attributes value of view_error.

i think you can find out a solution with this logic if my understanding abt ur prob is rt.

Regards

Sarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Using the outbound plug is a good idea. But actually I Have 24 views on so many validation. Now think how many plug i have to create !!!!!!!! . Is there any easy way out , something like dynamic.

thanks,

prosun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use report element error message instead of attribute error message.