cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters for Time-Controlled Synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

I am trying to Automate Syncronsation in my Client i.e. I want Syncronisation to automatically start after a fixed amout of time.

In the device configuration assigned to my device, I have assigned a Parameter set which has the following two parameters:

MobileEngine.Sync.TimedSyncActive = TRUE

MobileEngine.Sync.TimedSyncTimeInterval = 60000.

I have Synced once.

But still it is not working. The Sync which should begin every 60 seconds is not working.

Waiting for some answers...

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Apart from setting these parameters to true, you will also have to make sure that the parameter MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption=local is set. This is because when timed sync is triggered, there is no way users can provide their synchronization passwords. Hence the local password will be used and for this this parameter is to be set and therefore you need to make sure that the users local password is same a sync password If you do not want to use the local password as the sync passwork then you can use the parameter MobileEngine.Security.SyncPasswordFieldAtLogon=true and users can enter sync password at the time of login to the client.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot for the answer.

My Local and Sync Password are the same and I have put MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption = Local.

And the other two paramters as I said before.

Now on my client, when I click on the Sync button, it directly syncs without asking for the Sync Password, so the parameter - MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption - is working fine.

Yet the Automated Sync is not happening...

I dont know why...

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you please set the trace level of the client to ALL and paste the contents of the trace here. May be that gives me a clue.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

possible you have set

MobileEngine.Sync.Background.Filter=true

as well? If this is the case you only start the auto sync while you have changed data on the device.

Otherwise - kindly check a misstypo and paste the trace as already mentioned in the lat post. This should give more information.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SivaKumar...

The method you explained was perfectly right and this was working all the time, and I never knew it

Actually after doing all the required settings, I was just staring at the Client screen and my watch.. and was wishing the Sync button to be pushed automatically after a minute and the sync will start progressing before my eyes.

But it never happened this way.. kinda it was happening in the background and I never realised it till recent

Everything is working fine now.

Thanks a lot for your time.

@Oliver: I got what you were trying to say, but everything is solved now. Thanks for your time and knowledge .

Thanks,

Ankur

Answers (0)