cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in XI transport using CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I am getting this error while doing transport using CMS .

I have followed the how to guide and i am doing this transport using LSADMIN user.

We have 2 different SLD for both dev and PRD and CMS is on DEV system

Please provide some help.

Thanks

Sent on 2/21/08 at 5:41 PM:

Unable to establish connection to CMS server http://isrxidev:50000. Unable to transfer the following transport lists:

Export list for Z_STORE_CONNECTIVITY , 1.0 of sap.com (send time = 2/21/08 5:41 PM , component = Z_STORE_CONNECTIVITY , 1.0 of sap.com, ID = 1e8779b1e07611dcc2eb00145ec86c96)

Details: unknown exception: com.sap.cms.util.exception.conf.CMSCNoTargetSystemException: No target system configured - Check CMS configuration

Details: com.sap.cms.util.exception.conf.CMSCNoTargetSystemException: No target system configured - Check CMS configuration

Check the availability of the CMS and the user authorizations and send the transport request again if necessary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing transport using CMS you have to use the user LSADMIN. I think you might be trying using a different user. So that is the reason why you are gettig this error. Check with service USERs

CMS User:

You use this user and the corresponding password to access the XI systems. The user LSADMIN is generally used. Therefore, a user with the name and password defined here must be defined in all systems. The user must be assigned at least the following roles in XI:

• SAP_SLD_ORGANIZER

• SAP_XI_CMS_SERV_USER

Also before transport please make sure that there are no objects in the change lists for which you are transporting. Then it should work.

Check the configuration for CMS

Configuration of CMS in Central NWDI & SLD to transport XI objects

/people/praveen.mayalur/blog/2007/05/31/configuration-of-cms-in-central-nwdi-sld-to-transport-xi-objects

Export Using the Context Menu for the Software Component Version:

You can only export using the context menu for the SWCV if the following parameters are set to true in the properties in the development and consolidation systems:

• com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.cms.enableClTransport

• com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.cms.enableManualSpDefinition

• com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.cms.enableTransportWizard

In addition, add the following value to com.sap.aii.ib.client.properties: com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.cms* - 6 -

Note: Do not replace the existing values under com.sap.aii.ib.client.properties; just add the new value to these existing values.

To be able to use CMS for directory objects, set the following parameter to true in the development system:

• com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.cms.enableTransportWizard

In addition, add the following value to com.sap.aii.ib.client.properties: com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.cms* Note: Do not replace the existing values under com.sap.aii.ib.client.properties; just add this new value to the existing values.

In addition, set the following parameter to true in the consolidation system:

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using LSADMIN user only and all the other configurations you have written are done.

Any idea what is missing?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the service users are used by the Integration builders to talk to CMS. By default the service users are XIREPUSER and XIDIRUSER. These users should be maintained with the same password in all the XI systems and in CMS.

Verify if the CMS is configure for Production also.

As a recommendation, its suggested for a single SLD for the entire XI landscape. A deviation from this would result in having ad-hoc SLD synchronization mechanisms to be introduced into the CMS process.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to configure CMS for the production system ?

We have different SLD for both the Dev and PROD and CMS on dev system.

My "XI Production System"tab in the CMS is disable i think there is something which needs to be done in production system which we are missing .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup,

>By default the service users are XIREPUSER and XIDIRUSER. These users should be maintained with the same password in all the XI systems and in CMS.

Are you sure the password should be same for CMS?

Please let me know if you read the above information in some document

Only the user LSADMIN needs to have same password across all systems. XIREPUSER/XIDIRUSER need not have the same password.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The document How To… Transport XI Content Using CMS walks you through IR and ID CMS transports step-by-step, from DEV to CONS to PRD. Section 3.10 is relevant for the ID step-by-step.

It also has the setup/pre-requisites info to help you troubleshoot why you are not able to export using CMS in CONS.

Refer

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005550532005E/HowToTransportXIwithCMS.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/7a09d0d7d34b828a9740e322b9222c/content.htm

Within an XI track you can transport objects from a development system (DEV) to a consolidation system (CONS) and then from the consolidation system (CONS) to a productive system (PROD). Depending on the target system, the Integration Builder provides various options for determining the transport units:

Refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/630650f75d4df6a3dc2f93d51eb864/content.htm

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you defined the track did you enter the URL for XI Dev & XI Prd Server?

The track name for IR will be like..

http://<xidevserver>:j2eeport/rep/

for ID

http://<xiprdserver>:j2eeport/dir/

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XIREPUSER and XIDIRUSER needs to be same password because normally its suggested to use same XI landscape but if incase there are seperate SLDs then with SLD ad-hoc synchornization you virtually doing it. thus it requires to maintaine same passwords

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup,

Dont understand what you said.

If there are different SLD, like the case above then there is no need to have same password for XIREPUSER and XIDIRUSER for CMS config.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

Initially we have not given the url for our production system at the time of track creation for IR and ID but now when i am entering the value in the "xi production url" and clicking on the save after save the url type doesnt remain there like of xi dev url is there.

what needs to be done to configure CMS for the production system.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you are giving the right URL?

Are you mentioning the IP Address of the hostname?

Whatever URL you are mentioning ask your Basis team to login to XI Dev server using WTS and then in IE use the URL for XI Production server. Does it work?

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sumit

Problem solved i actually was missing the production URL.

Now a new problem is there which is related to ID transport.

IR transport is working fine but when i am doing ID transport its giving error.

Actually we have to do General SLD preperation target transport business system and groups which i have not done please guide in that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>IR transport is working fine but when i am doing ID transport its giving error.

Did you solve this problem? If not let us know ..

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems to be some issue with CMS Config..

Is the password of LSADMIN same in ur Dev & Prd system?

DId you assign user

PIREPUSER, PIDIRUSER the Role CMSDeveloper?

Which user are you using to login to CMS and then import objects?

Did you create the role SAP_CMS_ADMINISTRATOR and assign it to the user using whom you will import the objects?

Regards,

Sumit