cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine VC 7.1 iViews and WebDynpro..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Due to time limitations, we have to do a rapid UI development for one of the applications.

Can i develop few pages in VC and few in WebDynpro and then using GP make them interact with each other i.e pass data to and fro from VC developed models to WebDynpro components and vice-versa..???

To accomplish the above task, the following options are available:

1) Using VC 7.0 and WebDynpro 7.0

2) Using VC CE 7.1 and WebDynpro CE 7.1

or

3) Using VC CE7.1 and WebDynpro 7.0 (somewhat strange i guess..)

As per my information, it could be possible using option 2 as VC models are deployed as WebDynpro Applications. But can we pass the data to and fro..???

Pls let me know which among the 3 is a best option and any links for tutorials to accomplish the same.

Regards

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Deepak-

Yes, you can create a GP process which consists of both Web Dynpro and VC applications. You can create a callable object of type Web Dynpro and of Visual Composer. Then in the block you can consolidate parameters such that information entered in your VC form is transferred to your WD application, etc. You could use option (1) or (2) that you have listed. Personally I would use CE 7.1.

Cheers-

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Thanks for the reply. I am using GP to accomplish the task and am working on CE7.1

Regards

Deepak

Answers (0)