cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Software Versions: No comatible version for ECC 5.0 in XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to Import Software Versions in Repository Integration Builder, to estabilsh data transfer between them No comatible version for ECC 5.0 in XI 3.0, it is upto 4.7 C only. Is there any option to update this content in SLD?

Thanks,

Sabita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

Please try creating a technical system, a business system, software component and a software component version for your ECC 5.0 system in SLD and then try importing the SWCV into XI 3.0

You should preferably seek the help of basis guys for this.

I believe this should work.

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for reply. We have done configuration of Technical System and Business System. What I want to know that if we define ECC 5.0 SWCV in sld and then import it, will it work for scenarios etc, while mapping data? My thinking was that SAP systems are pre-defined in XI and we need to upgrade XI to match with ECC 5.0 or there is any way to update SLD contents. Kindly correct me if I am wrong and suggest what to do.

Thanks,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right the information about the SAP products is already there in SLD. But you need to register your system for that product.

If you have doen with Technical and Business system configuration then the scenario will work out.

Just create the SCV and import it in IR and create namspace in it.

Further things will be as usual.

Thanks

swarup

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I want to know that if we define ECC 5.0 SWCV in sld and then import it, will it work for scenarios etc, while mapping data?

Yes, it will work

we need to upgrade XI to match with ECC 5.0

Incorrect, no such upgrade is required. Just a new technical and business system is enuf

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks to you all for your prompt replies and support. It was really very helpful. Although I couldnt get my problem solved completely, may be there is some configuration missing. But I got much helpful answers.

With Regards,

Sabita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please verify if the Technical system and Business system is avaialble for ECC 5.0. If its not avaialble then probably you need to register it in SLD.

Refer below link

SAP Network Blog: Registering a new technical system in SLD - ABAP based

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

Now create the SCV

Refer

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Issues related to Software Product & Component Import from SLD to IR

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm

if you want to move SLD content have a look at this doc:

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000315022005E.PDF

Thanks

Swarup