cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a role from one system to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a test role for SAP_ALL_DISPLAY in QA System and it was working fine..

Now would like to know how we can test this role in production environment ie:How can we copy or transport this role to production environment..

Could you please eloborate in detail..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP recommends, create and test all the productive roles at Dev. system. And design a test plan. Using the SAP Transport tool move them to Qua. system, do final testing and if it is accepted/approved move to Production system.

More over, as per SOX and SOD terms, no body should not have the SAP_ALL (even display too). it will be audit issue.

In your case, you have created a role in Qua. system - this is also Audit issue. you are planing to test that role in Prod. environment. it s not suggestible.

Do one thing - download the role upload in Dev. system, put it in a transport request and move to qua. & Prod.

Please let me know if you want more details.

Note : Raise your Security issues in Security forum.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanksall..

Would like to know whether as praveen indicated as per SOX - No one should have the SAP_ALL_DISPLAY role..

Pls let me know..

How can I inform this to my client ie any SAP Note as of such..

And also would like to know the following things..

I have created the role in DEV System and wanted to transport across the landscape ie in QA ,TRNG AND PRD System clients..

As said before that that we can transport across the landscape from PFCG from menu tab to QA,TRA AND PRD Systems..

And also using SE01 ,releasing the request and then transporting across all clients using STMS...

Which one do you recommend...

Do I need to take care of any steps before transporting...

Pls help..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

In pfcg you can only put ur roles to be transported into a transport request but to release the request any how you need to go to se09 or se10 or any other which ever ur comforatble.

Then using stms you have to import the request so that the roles are loaded in different clients and different systems.

During transport any how you have to relase the task first then relase the request. Also if you want to transport more than one role in a single request use mass transport option of the pfcg.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ruchit indicated, I would prefer that role be created in DEV system, transport it to QAS and then promote it to PRD (Unless ofcourse you have two system landscape).

As mentioned in the posting (before mine), follow the steps to create, release the transport and then move it to the rest of the landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

You can transport this role from QAS to PRD as a normal transport activity. Or you can also download this role and place it at file system level and then upload the same to the PRD system. However you need to regenerate the profile in the target system.

regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anandha,

You are missing a point here with transports that QAS to production route would not be consolidation route and hence the customizing transport won't have target group assigned to it.

Hello Satya,

Once you create this transport create another transport of copies request with production client as transport target,include objects of original request in this transport of copies,release it and then import it in production client. Or else you have download upload option or even the import role through RFC call. Yet my recommendation would be to create the role in development and then transport it across the landscape. it will allow you to do maintainance of the role in future without any hassles as then transportation won't be so cumbersome.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me know how to transport a role once it has been generated....

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With in PFCG there is an option for transport. You will find it in in menu in the intial screen of PFCG. Just give the role name and go for transport option.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Use Tcode PFCG. 2) Mention the role in the role field. 3) Click on transport button or go to Role menu --> transport (ctrlshiftF9). 3) Mass transport screen will appear, Execute it (F8). 4) Information dialog box will appear, click on continue (Enter) 5) choose object dialog box will appear, don’t change the default settings, click on continue. 6) On Prompt on customizing request, create new request 7) On create request dialog box, give the short description, click on save button. 😎 new request no. will generate, keep it in mind, click on continue.

After that role transported successfully.

Go to SE01, here you have to release the request.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

……it is continue

After transport the role from PFCG. Go to SE01, check the user from where you have transport the role. without changing any thing click on Display. Click on + (Plus) on the particular request no.. select the sub request no. then click on release display button (truck button). After that click on main request no. then click on release display button.

Request released successfully.

After that you have to go STMS.

Award if helpful

Regards

Sunil