cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a portal file via XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to move portal files between our development instance and our prod instance which is outsources.

Can I set you a file adapter via XI to pull the portal file and push it to another portal?

What are the steps and how can I build a scenario that will pull the correct file and place in on the other server.

Will I need to write code or can I put some lgic into the comm channel or scenario in XI to pull the correct file?

Thanks

Mikie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

Do u have FTP server hosted which is pointing to those files? If yes it's very simple File to File transfer even without creating any Integration Repository Objects. ID is more than enough.

You can refer -/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

If you have any doubt's in achieving it let us know.

raj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is an SAP file a .SAP or .SID file

Thanks

Mikie

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

What ever the file format no issues, go ahead with the blog which I've give above.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I would like to move portal files between our development instance and our prod instance which is outsources.

>

> Can I set you a file adapter via XI to pull the portal file and push it to another portal?

>

> What are the steps and how can I build a scenario that will pull the correct file and place in on the other server.

> Will I need to write code or can I put some lgic into the comm channel or scenario in XI to pull the correct file?

>

> Thanks

> Mikie

HI Mike ,

Please ellaborate what is the nature of the files you are referring to .Because XI has to configured accordingly to pick up your type of file.

Regards,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What format of file it is?Pls let us know.

Thnx

Chirag