cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluated stock for the project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using WBS both for investment initiatives (real WBS) and for control of the expenses (statistical WBS since posting is also made onto Cost Center)

Purchase Orders for services and non coded materials are assigned to WBS or WBS + Cost Centers. No stock has ever been managed.

All the projects have been created with the project stock flag set to "No stock managed".

Now there is a project ongoing to manage a number of indirect materials (IT HW and consumption material, maintenance materials, store HW, etc.) in stock, so that they can debited to cost centers only when used. Alternatively, they can be capitalised. Since it is requested that also the purchases for stock is attributed to a WBS in order to control the budget, we have found that the the management of the stock of the indirect materials as evaluated project stock would be perfect to satisfy all the requirements.

Unfortunately, I cannot change the flag on the existing projects since the system does not allow to move from No stock managed to Evaluated project stock.

Unfortunately, we cannot create new WBS since the WBS have already been created and in use and their life is indefinite.

I wonder if there is any solutions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no way. Once a project is saved with "valuated stock", "non-valuated stock", No stock" indicator, any change you make subsequently will have no impact.

Muraleedharan.R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The change of flag from valuated to non valuated or no stock is definitely ruled out.

Since the flag is set to No Stock, you can't manage either in value or quantity at WBS level. I would suggest to create a new project with non valuated or valuated as per your requirement -- transfer all the cost from this project to the new project, and close this project.

Thanks,

Sourabh