cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC -> FILE Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending an IDOC from my R/3 system and creating an XML file that is then passed to an FTP server. The IDOC is sent properly from R/3, received via the IDOC adapter and passed through the pipeline with the XML output being successfully created. In SXMB_MONI it shows a checkered flag for this transaction.

When I look in the message monitor however, I see that the status of the integration engine shows a system error. My question is why does the message monitor show a system error on the integration engine but the transaction completed without any problems?

When I look at the details I see the error category being IDOC_ADAPTER and the error code is ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_PARTY.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim.

Check the following weblog that have a detailed walk through for your scenario.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogsblog=/pub/wlg/1819

check for the ALE configurations both in R3 system and on XI side (that includes, SM59,WE20,WE21,SALE,BD64,IDX1 )

check this weblog /people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

Good luck

Nimrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nimrod,

Thanks for the links. What I was not aware of is that the IDOC adapter is trying to send back an Acknowledgement to my R/3 system. This is the system error I am getting. My scenario was still working fine because the XML file was being created properly. I am upgrading from XI 2.0 to XI 3.0 SP12 and in XI 2.0 no acknowledgements were sent back to the R/3 system. The link led me to OSS note 777175 which shows how to switch off the ALE Audit IDOC's that XI try's to send back. Once I followed those instructions the error message went away.

Good response.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jim & kishan,

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried the procedure as u said.

In the R/3 System, for the TCode /we05, the status is recorded successfully but in XI Moni i did not get any messages

Can u guys send the step by step procedure for IDOC to FILE with IDOC Configuration.

I really appreciate for your help.

My mail id is: rgulapallu@miraclesoft.com

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

I don't recall giving out any procedures in this thread so I'm not sure what you are trying or even what your questions is. If you are not receiving the IDOC into your integration server then check the following on your R/3 side.

Make sure your RFC destination configured in the partner function(WE20)points to your integration server.

Check transaction SM58 and see if you can see the erros there. That typically will show why the IDOC was not sent even though it was processed in R/3.

Thanks,

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jim,

if i understand right ur using IDOC sa ur sender.

if so then there should be no sender communication channel of IDOC type and therefore no sender agreement.

when using IDOC u dont need to create sender communication channel as the SIN passed when u trigger the IDOC from the sender system.

regards,

kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishan,

I understand that I do not need a sender communication channel. The scenario is working fine. My question was in regards to why there is an error message in the Runtime Workbench in the message monitor. It shows a system error on the integration engine.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there is any system error in Integration engine(RWB-Message monitoring->Integration engine) than you cannot create file at output side or there should be an error flag in SXMB_MONI.

Pls see that the system error correspond to the same message you are sending or if the file is created for the same message you have sent.

ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV:(Invalid Sender service)means Idoc is sent from different client as stated in Integration directory configuration).

Pls see if it helps.

Regards,

Satish