cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Advice: SAP Business One to R3 transition in Ottawa Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am SAP Business One certified consultant in Ottawa Canada and wish to make the transition to 'big' SAP after a training course. Would I be employable given current market conditions and my experience? I notice all the public job postings require 2+ years R/3 module experience.

I have 15 years Canadian software experience, of which 3 years is in SAP Business One SDK, 4 years experience with other ERP packages, 9 years experience as a business software programmer (.NET, Java), an MBA.. Probably would do FI/CO, ABAP, Netweaver.

Any general comments would be appreciated. Especially appreciated would be anyone who knows Ottawa or Montreal market.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Benny, very helpful. Are there any R3 consultants in the Montreal or Ottawa markets you could put me in touch with , because I was told by an SAP headhunter in Calgary that each market in Canada varies city by city, some it would be possible, others not. But he knew Calgary and not Ottawa or Montreal.

Mike

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

at least here in Germany I can tell you you would get a job if you have SAP experience. And as afar as I know its not so different in the rest of the world. If employers ask for 2 years of experience, that is a wish. Depends on, if they can get anybody with such. I guess more important is that you can proof not to be an absolute beginner.

I'd say, try and see.

Regards and good luck,

Benny