cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 200 users per org unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing SRM 5.0 and replicating org structure from HR systems. We have some org units which have more than 200 users. Please advise if there is any issue with it.

Regards,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not assign more than 200 users to any organizational unit.

See these notes:

Note 548862 - FAQ: EBP user administration

Do not assign more than approx. 100 users to an organizational unit.

If you assign many users to an organizational unit, you may experience performance problems in Transaction PPOMA_CRM during attribute maintenance. This can also cause terminations in Transaction PPOMA_BBP.

Note 387500 - USERS_GEN - Creating many users for an organizational unit

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for the reply. But i couldn't see anything in note 548862 regarding 200 users restriction. Also 2nd note seems to be more relevant for CRM then SRM5.0. Please explain.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 200 limit is for users generated through trasnc USERS_GEN.

If an organizational structure with a large number of dependent nodes is displayed in the overview area, access to the transaction can take a very long time.

Please refer to the following SAP OSS Notes ->

Note 503915 - PPOMA_BBP: performance improvement overview area

Note 389869 - Organizational unit with many employees

Note 405806 - Transaction PPOMA_BBP for new material group attributes

Note 864221 - EBP 4.0+: Performance location

Note 920158 - EBP 4.0+: Shopping cart performance

Note 1044096 - RSWUWFMLEC: Wrong Emails and/or Bad Performance

Note 1095895 - Slow response times for several SRM transactions

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Disha,

I was also thinking that 200 user restriction is only for USER_GEN T code and that is for "Generate User and Employee data". I don't think there should be any issue if there are more than 200 users from HR replication.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But through HR replication you will be doing the replication till the position level and not the user level?

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

We are bringing position and users both from HR system. Do you think that there will be still any issue with 200 users in org unit. I saw most of the OSS notes are saying performance issue for CRM and not for SRM.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

It may be look annoying to you, as i am asking again and agian. I can see restriction of 200 users in USER_GEN or for CRM only. We are bringing users and positions through HR IDOCs. Some of our org unit may have around 1000 users. Is there any issue with it. I searched for perfromance issue in SRM5.0, but none of OSS note is saying about performance issue due to users per org units. Please advise.

Regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls see the foll note(i had mentioned that in the earlier thread also):

Note 1095895 - Slow response times for several SRM transactions

As per the note,

Please note that performance problems can be encountered in SRM transactions if too many users are assigned to the same organizational unit. You should therefore check that you do not assign more than 200 users to the same organizational unit.

So you may have to modify the SRM Org structure accordingly.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot disha.

Regards,

Kamal

Answers (0)