cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visio Plug-In / Workflo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to start viso from the client tool. I keep getting "Viso does not exist." However, I have installed Visio Pro on my PC and it runs fine if I invoke it directly. I have run both the MDM Client Install and the MDM Workflow Install. I rebooted after installing everything.

The Server is running on a different PC. I'm not sure if this is an issue. I would assume that the client I run on my PC would try to invoke Visio, not the server.

Any assitance or suggestions would be appreciated,

Vince Moore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have fixed the issue on my own. This is what I did, I moved the .VSL file from the directory to a back up and then I copied one of the old working.VSL file, opened the Data Manager and workflow everything was working fine but the file was showing an old Data Manager Workflow version.

But afterwards I brought the .VSL from the backup and everything seems to be working fine. Looks like there is some association missing.

Thanks and Regards,

-Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having the same problem mentioned above. Was anyone able to solve this. Please mention the resolution steps.

Running MDM 5.5 SP4 P03 HF1 (5.5.35.16).

Thanks,

-Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vince,

Using the explorer, double click on workflow.vsl on C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\..

That should open it too.

Thanks

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajani, Savi,

Thanks. I'm still having trouble, though. If I use explorer and double click on C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Workflow\VSL\Workflow.vsl, I have to choose an application to open the file (I chose Visio 2000) and then I get the following error.

"An error (100) occurred during the action Open File. Visio cannot open the file because it's not a Visio file."

Is it possible I have the wrong version of Visio? I have Visio 2000 Professional SR1 (6.0.2072)

Thanks,

Vince Moore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

I believe that's the problem.

You need Visio 2003 Professional.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

Will Visio 2003 Standard work, or does it have to be professional?

Thanks,

Vince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vince,

It has to be Visio 2003 professional.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I have Visio 2003 Pro and still I face the same problem.

When I try to open the Workflow.VSL file from explorer, it says Visio cannot open this file because it's not Visio file.

And when I launch Visio from Data Manager, it opens up but give an error "Unable to connect to MDM repository".

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar!

I am having a same problem. i noticed that my SAP MDM Workflow is SP03, but e.g. Data Manager is SP04? Are you using Workflow SP03 or SP04?

Best Regards

Päivi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i do suggest to go to http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=44dc73e9-e578-49dd-a2a1-e58ce9a5c31...

and try the trial version of visio 2007 (Pro or not it works on my laptop). Be sure before to uninstall all other Visio installation you have.

Regards,

Marco

Please award point for helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

It is not required to install Vision on your Server machine and it is enough if you install it in your workstation where you design your workflow. And the location of the server does not matter.

I also had the same problem and I opened the "Workflow.VSL" file from Visio once and closed. Then when I tried from within MDM Data Manager Client, it worked.

All the best!

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajani,

Thanks. I tried that, but I get the following error in Visio: C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Workflow\VSL\Workflow.vsl.vsd File not found.

Vince Moore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

Check the extention....the path you mentioned, it is <b>Workflow.vsl.vsd</b>.

Rajani