Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in US we have single HR single roles in production. we are getting ready to go-live only HR in two other countries. should i just copy the single roles that we have in currently in production or is there any smarter way to do that? any suggestion will highly appreciated. thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, to find out the level of smartness required you'd have to tell us a bit more, like why you think you should copy the roles?

What do you want to change in the copies to make them different from the originals? Are there structural authorizations involved?

0 Kudos

thanks for responding. there is no structural authorization involved. actually what i want is to make HR manager here in the US will have org wide access but the managers in other countries will have country specific access. thats why i said if i copy the roles but copying would be a hassal down the road. what you guys think? any better approach?

0 Kudos

Actually the best approach to me sounds like structural authorizations, but that's not the easiest approach to set up. Maybe for the future?

Derived roles may be your friends until then.

Steps:

Take your US HR manager roles and copy them into a new set and call those your master roles. These master roles aren't to be assigned to anyone who doesn't need acces to the whole organization.

For your new countries create new roles, each derived from these master roles.

Within the master/derived concept you can now set the organizational levels correctly for each country in their respective roles. Any functional changes to the roles can be done in the master roles and distributed to the derived roles without overwriting the organizational values.

To keep you complete authroization concept in line this does mean that your current (US) manager roles may have to be replaced by roles derived from these new masters as well.

If you need other fields like PERSA to become organizational search the forum for PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE.

To create a lot of these derived roles look at automationg this task via ECATT

Hope this helps to control the hassle.

Jurjen