cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the category axis data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to change the category axis data from a chart view in visual composer. the category axis is the calmonth in 01.2007 shape, and I want to change it to 01.07.

I also have another question: can I customize the application error popup message from visual composer?

Can anybody help me on these?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

you can add a dynamic field to the output port of your bapi/query(click on the output port and on the right hand side in the task pane add a field). apply a formula using the various functions provided by vc to format the date values[Eg 'left(calmonth,3) & right(calmonth,2) ]. then chart this dynamic field on the category axis of ur chart.

there is no way to customize error msgs thrown by VC. you could write an rfc to perform validations so as to prevent these errors and then display your custom msgs. what kind of error msgs are you looking to customize?

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prachi,

Many thanks for your quick answer. I followed your advise, but when I execute the model, the chart does not work, and it sends a NULL ERROR. It seems that the chart does not understand the new field.

For the other question, the kind of error is: APLICATION ERROR. NESTED EXCEPTION. FAILURE TO EXECUTE NATIVE FUNCTION NESTED EXCEPTION. INVALID VARIABLE VALUES. It ocurres when the user does not put a month, and I would like to change this message.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If you know the cause of the error, you can create you own error message popup.

Connect the popup and the data service to the triggering element and give the line the same action name.

Finally, add guard conditions to validate the required field value.

In the future (currently planned for EhP1) we will have "hard" validation, meaning you can define a form not to trigger action if one of its element has a validation error.

Hope this helps,

Shay