cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception handling branch not executing in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a problem with exception handling in BPMs.

We have created an exception branch in a block and a transformation step in it. However, the branch doesn't get executed in case of exceptions.

Any ideas? Is this a known problem?

Many thanks,

Aldo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was resolved by installing service pack 14.

Edited by: Aldo Lazzarini on Jun 26, 2008 11:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

The BPM goes in error on the next step (outside the block) which is a "Send" step.

Regards,

Aldo

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aldo,

If possible could you show me the snapshot of your BPM?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

How would I do that? I don't think I can pass in the image of the bpm here.

thanks, rgds,

Aldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Raj, I confirm I followed these steps.

Aldo

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aldo,

One quick question, you said the error is not catched and going to the next step of the block, right? Ok, see if there is really an exception also if it's not caught by Exception branch, then BPM must error out, am I right?

Did the BPM errord out?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

The exception name can only be selected from a list. There is no chance of mistaking/misspelling in there.

That is fine as it is. I am quite sure about it.

Any other ideas?

I found SAP note 1039330 but we are already on patch 12 and that correction was released on patch 12.

Thanks, regards,

Aldo

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Raj,

the exception branch doesn't get executed at all. It just continues to the next block!! That is the problem.

Regards,

Aldo

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aldo,

You have mention the Exception name (anything that you can give) in the step that can possibly fail. In the exception branch (you have to create as many exception branches as you created at various steps inside the block). You have to mention the exception name exactly the same as in the step.

VJ

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aldo,

Can u confirm whether u did the following steps

After selecting the block, in the properties window you gave some Custom Error name in Exceptions field

For the Exception Handler in Exception branch you chosed the same Exception name ,which was created in Block level

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In case of an exception the "exception branch" that should deal with it doesn't get executed. The process, in stead, continues with a step (a sending step) which is outside the block where the exception occurred.

Is this clearer?

thanks, regards,

Aldo

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aldo,

Got you! The exception branch will catch your exception and it will follow the steps what u've given in the Exception Branch.Once it's done, it will come out of the block and continue the steps. Do u want to cancel the BPM once u got the error? If yes then u need to keep Control step and say cancel process.

raj.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aldo,

Exceptions in the sense or u getting any error in SXMB_MONI?

raj.