Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Guidance

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

Thought I'd come to the experts.

I have the following requirement

User enters manager account (Selection View) clicks button and detail information is presented (Detail View).

Here's where I keep going back and forth of using different options - ViewSets or going with multiple components.....On the Selection View there is a lookup feature.

If the user clicks the look up button they should be presented with a page where they can put in some search criteria which returns data that is then sent back to the selection view.

How would you build this LookUp feature?

Diane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would only go for a multi-component or a ViewSet option, if I have a details view that will be reused. If I have only one view with this master-detail scenario, I would ideally keep the details in a Tray and keep it invisible intially. Once the selection is done I would populate everything in the details and turn on the visibility of the tray.

The lookup feature can be a simple value help (EVS/OVS) in the selection part.

Regards,

Satyajit.

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate on your value help? Details on the look up - user enters either the Last name or Logon Account or Employee ID - which would then display detail information records. One of the records is picked and returned back to the Selection view to be used as key information into the detail view.

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

Would simple value help work in the above sceniaro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case you want the user to have an option of entering more than one search criterion & so a simple value help (basically a dropdown) won't help. I think you should go for an OVS.

Regards,

Satyajit.

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

OVS -

means?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos