cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The project is not released. Hence cycle can not be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created systems in system landscape, TMS is working fine, all the configuration steps are completed successfully.

I am working in Solution Manager 4, in project change -SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN - Project Administration - in 'System Landscape' tab Change request and when I activate change request management I am getting following messages:

1. Warning: Problems occurred during synchronization of the system landscape

And when I try to create task list I am getting the following message:

2. The project is not released. Hence cycle can not be created.

how can i release it???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently experienced this same problem and went through many steps to correct it. Below are the steps we followed to resolve our problem.

1 - In SMSY make sure that all RFC's to your systems included in your project are working. This should be checked for all clients and systems included in the logical component used for your project, including the Client 000 RFC. The Read, Trusted, and TMW should all be set and working

2 - Make sure that the RFC for Solution Manager Client 000 is set and working, again including the Read, Trusted, and TMW RFCs.

3 - Make sure that all systems included in your logical component have the correct system role. Your Development system should equal Source, and Test systems should equal Target systems, and the Production system should equal Production. This can be verified SMSY verifying System Roles for each logical component.

4 - All physical systems in your logical component need to be represented on the System Landscape -> Systems tab in your project. If a system type is missing click on the System Role Assignment to add it.

5 - On the System Landscape -> IMG Projects tab make sure that all IMGs have been created and the Project View exists to be able to successfully generate your task list.

6 - Make sure your transport routes are consistent and that your source systems (development) include the standard transport layer and the specific development client configuration/transport layer mapping on the Standard Transport Layer tab.

7- Make sure that your transport groups contain the specific target systems and clients

If the problem persists go to SMSY and under Landscape Components select Systems and go to each Product included in your project and logical components and select the system in your landscape just before production. Select Display/Change, do not change anything, select Save and the issue may be resolved.

This last point appears to be a bug in the system that is not refreshing tables appropriately that these last actions will correct. In this case the Relevancy flag is updated in the view but not in the table. These steps correct that.

Edited by: Kevin Richman on Jul 14, 2008 4:02 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error after completing a maintenance cycle of a maintenance project. Initially I when I was tyring to create a new maintenance cycle on a perviously used project, I was getting an error saying that the new CTS projects must be created. I wanted to reuse the exising ones. This is a weekly project, and I did not want to create new CTS (IMG projects each week.)

I Found note 933705 that allowed me to force close the cycle by running program /TMWFLOW/TL_COMPLETE_FORCE. So the existing CTS/IMG projects can be re-used. Now, I cannot get the project even to show up in tcode /TMWFLOW/MAINTINST?? to create an new maintenance cycle. If I go to SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN > select the project in change mode > Systems Landscape tab > Change requests tab > create task list button. I get the error in the subject line of this thread? I have used this project before with the old maintenance cycle and all was fine. I re-checked all components in and all is good. STMS, domain links, RFC's, checks in CHARM tab all green, CTC=1, Import_strategy_single=1, etc.

I just want to create a new maintenance cycle for a project. Although I know that this is not necessary, and I could have set the phase back to "in development w/ release" after "going live" (this is what we have been doing for a year). I wanted to experiment with the new cycles so there is more granularity of what change documents and transports are linked to a specific cycle. Why is this so painful and not intuitive? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ozlem,

I actually had the same problems. As far as I know, there is NO WAY to "release" it manually. The message is a bit confusing. In my case the problem was not located on the Solution Manager but on the satellite systems. In detail I had to activate "Client Control of Transport Routes" on all systems of that specific logical component and adjust the transport routes accordingly (adding the specific clients). For activation, logon to the satellites' domain controller, go to STMS, choose system overview, jump into details of each system and make sure that parameter CTC on tab "Transport Tool" is set to 1. Next step is to adjust your transport routes by setting client specific targets instead of a system only. Once you activate and update the new configuration on all systems of your landscape, unreleased transport requests should be adjusted automatically to the new target. Still you might have to do some manual adjustments to certain requests in SE01 (especially if you have more than just one client as a consolidation target). You should also check each system's import buffer as TMS will be blocked as long as there are no target clients set for your "old" transport requests. Either do it manually one by one or press button "Set Target Client" which will perform that action automatically for all requests without a proper target.

In case your Solution Manager has it's own domain controller (it will probably have), you also have to set up a domain link between you Solution Manager domain controller and your satellite systems' domain controller. Make sure your satellite systems' transport landscape is properly replicated on your Solution Manager.

Once you have set up TMS accordingly, you will be able to create a maintenance cycle for your project. Activation of client specific transport routes is mandatory for CHARM, you won't be able to create a maintenance cycle without it (at least that's what SAP told me).

By the way: I had exactly the same error messages -> "Maintain at least one RFC destination", "Inconsistency in Logical Component", "Project status" etc. --> in the end the cause for all of that was only what I've explained above, nothing else.

Cheers,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two steps for you to complete yet, let me explain for a Maintenance project type (and this should apply to others as well)

1. When you've jsut created the project, and have not created the maintenance cycle. in that case, if you save the project and then if you click create task list, it will ask for name of Maintenance cycle..

2. Again once you go to task list, you should activate the (a message box will appear so) and take you to task list, there you can see a push button at top "Status" click on that to activate the maintenance cycle.

For your problem #1, check your RFC connections.. there are issues and you should have the RFC role (*RFC_.. check it out ) in the target systems and also check with SMSY for the landscape fix

That is it.. you are all set to go now..

Hope this helps, please revert for any issues, otherwise mark this thread as answered.

Cheers

Senthil

Edited by: Senthil Murugan Muthuvelu on Feb 21, 2008 8:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ozlem

Obviously you've problems with your system landscape... This means that the logical component you are using in you project has not been consistently added in the project. To solve the problem :

- In solar_project_admin transaction go to System Landscape -> Systems tab

- select the line where you've add your logical component.

- click on the System Role Assignment button

- remove the lines with unassigned system/add the lines corresponding to the system role you've created in SMSY if you have.

- organize your systems as you did in the logical component using the arrows

- save and try to create the tasklist again.

Hope it helps.