cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean if the content of transport request contains u0093Status mana

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does it mean if the content of transport request contains “Status management”. Is it „client dependant“. If so where can I see that in client(some table or...)

Thx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And here Tina, i found a link on status management for you. Its used for business transactions:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm30/helpdata/en/73/29943a7acb9023e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tina,

There are two types of tranport requests:

1. Customizing

2. Workbench

Customizing requests are internally (to the system) of type CUST

Workbench requests are internally(to the system) of type SYST.

In your development client, nornally your settings are such that any changes made to client dependent objects / client independent objects or repository objects are automaticall recorded in a transport request (a box pops up askig you to create a request and unless you create a request the changes cannot be done- in most cases).

Now the question is which type of change go into which request:

Client specific changes- i.e changes made mostly in SPRO like company code,plant, sales organizations, Division, distribution channel etc are recorded in Cutomizing request. The system does not allow you to do it any other way.

Client inpependent changes- i.e for example changes to factory calendar settings are recorded in Workbench requests

Repository changes i.e changes to any of the ABAP objects are also recorded in Workbench requests.

As you are already aware, you can display a list of customizing and workbench requests for a given user in transaction SE10.

If you want to know what MANDT is:

Its a very commonly used field and is present in every table which is client dependent.

MANDT is means client (i believe its German for client).

MANDT is the primary key field (Oracle concept) in every table that is client dependent. And once a field is made a primary key it cannot be null.

So what happens is that any table that has this field will have a client value and so that data is only valid for that client.

Where as in client independent tables the field does not exists and hence the data is applicable to all the clients in that system

Hope this was useful

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check by double clicking that request and in the

and in that if the first field is MANDT then it is client dependent.

Thanks,

Sagar Askani.