cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errorhandling in SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to send a message to SAP XI and if the mapping ends with an error, our software "clix", which is connected to XI with a jms-provider, should get a message in a dialog box.

Is this possible to develop such an error handling in SAP XI?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi stefan,

If your mapping step is inside BPM and it fails, then you can capture this in error exception branch and send the custom message outside BPM using adapters. But not sure about message in a dialog box.

The thing to note is that you will not get the exact error description in BPM, you need to send custom message saying 'mapping failure' or somehing.

If your mapping fails when you are not using BPM then you should consider alerting via e-mail, SMS etc...

Regards

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not worked with clix. So, I cannot guide you on clix. But I can tell you how to send a message to clix.

You can define an exception branch in the block that has your transform step and send a message through a send step (you can use a jms adapter) in your exception branch.

This exception branch will be defined to catch either a custom exception or system exception that occurs in the transform step.

For more details on exception handling in xi bpm, refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Once the send step sends a message (when exception occurs) to the jms provider that 'clix' connects to, it is upto clix to display it in whatever way it wants to.

Regards,

Suresh.